Wisdom Teeth

Last week I got my wisdom teeth out. The bottom front teeth have been crowding more and more and one night a couple weeks ago while we were out to dinner, I pointed it out to Jimmy and he was well... pretty concerned =) So I went to the dentist (who by the way is the first man that I would actually call a silver fox!)on a Friday and he told me it would be smart to take them out, especially because one of my top ones was doing something not good (I already forget what it was). So he suggested that I take out all four. I agreed and thought it would take weeks before getting an appointment and sure enough when the nurse came in to schedule me in, there was quite the wait. Well for some reason this dentist really liked me or I guess really likes to make money because he asked when I wanted to come and I told him as soon as possible, so he said, okay done, we'll get you in this coming Tuesday. I couldn't believe it.

So on Tuesday, we went in early morning and I was pretty nervous because they weren't putting me to sleep. But the surgery honestly was not bad at all! The dentist was amazing!They gave me this gas to breathe that sedated me and then he injected me a bunch of times to numb my mouth and I could not believe how much it really worked! The sedation made me quite giddy too and I found myself laughing at the silliest stuff. It was also really nice because the dentist let Jimmy stay in the room with me and hold my hand. At first, he told us that Jimmy wouldn't be able to stay but after a little while of injecting me, he told Jimmy that he could stay. He said that we would be surprised at how many people bring in people that go crazy and he needs to make sure now that those people do not stay in the room during the surgery... so now he waits to see if they are calm enough...which Jimmy was. He was asking questions, wanting to see everything... it was cute =)

The numbing part took the longest, and then the pulling of the teeth took about 10 minutes the most. It was definitely weird to have him yank your tooth right out when you can feel the pressure and see him doing it but it did not phase me like I thought it would. It was also pretty crazy when I looked up and saw this huge hook and string and thought to myself... what's that?? and then I realized it was the stitches he was putting in me. But I stayed calm! The worst part was definitely that day at home. My mouth was still completely numb and it was not a good feeling at all. At first in the dentist's office it was kind of cool but after wards, it was one of the worst feelings ever. I would get these weird tingling itchy feelings near my mouth so I would go to itch it but I could not feel my hand touching it! So not only did the feeling not go away but then I was totally grossed out! Ughhh it was not good. I also couldn't drink. I would try but I would end up letting 99% come back out. I was also bleeding alot so of course that was not fun for me. But... after the numbness wore off, it wasn't too bad. It's now been a week and I feel completely normal except for chewy candy and gum. Also my husband now wants to be a dentist!! Which I must say, I am very excited about and it was totally worth getting four teeth pulled to spark his new interest!

Comments

Popular Posts