Life
It is absolutely crazy that you wake up one day and you find yourself a grown up with what seems to be like billions of important decisions to make. It is no longer matters of what to wear to school or where to go for dinner, or how to make the perfect bread. It is more of what are we going to do about insurance, where are we going to live, or when should we start having babies.
Decisions just keep on bombarding me and just today I was faced with a huge one regarding graduating and receiving my teaching license. As I got off the phone with my teacher, tears swelled in my eyes as I felt so inadequate to make yet another big decision. However, this moment suddenly became quite endearing as I looked over to my side and found my best friend ready to offer whatever it was that I needed. After a couple minutes of me hiccuping out the situation and requesting that we had a lot to figure out, Jimmy calmly looked at me and said, I don't know what you really want to figure out, you have made this decision years ago.
Being silly, I did not consider his words at first. I decided to ask some friends and family first to get some more input. And as my conversations came to an end, and I consulted with God, I found myself going back to my sweet husband and saying those words that I usually hate to say... "You were right".
Life is crazy. We are faced with lots of decisions and we must make choices constantly. It is scary to me most of the time, the types of decisions Jimmy and I are now starting to make but it is also exhilarating. Not to mention beautiful as I get to be beside someone through them all.
I look back on the day that Jimmy and I got married and I know without a doubt that being sealed to him on that day was the right decision as well as the best one that I will ever make. And I know that because of that right choice, all of the choices to follow will benefit because of it. I will never forget sitting in one of the extra celestial rooms alone with Jimmy before we were sealed. I felt such peace, assurance, and happiness.
So even though some decisions that we are facing are hard, confusing, and a pain they still have a way of making me smile because I have an incredible husband to make them with and I get to see and feel God's plan and hand in our lives.
Decisions just keep on bombarding me and just today I was faced with a huge one regarding graduating and receiving my teaching license. As I got off the phone with my teacher, tears swelled in my eyes as I felt so inadequate to make yet another big decision. However, this moment suddenly became quite endearing as I looked over to my side and found my best friend ready to offer whatever it was that I needed. After a couple minutes of me hiccuping out the situation and requesting that we had a lot to figure out, Jimmy calmly looked at me and said, I don't know what you really want to figure out, you have made this decision years ago.
Being silly, I did not consider his words at first. I decided to ask some friends and family first to get some more input. And as my conversations came to an end, and I consulted with God, I found myself going back to my sweet husband and saying those words that I usually hate to say... "You were right".
Life is crazy. We are faced with lots of decisions and we must make choices constantly. It is scary to me most of the time, the types of decisions Jimmy and I are now starting to make but it is also exhilarating. Not to mention beautiful as I get to be beside someone through them all.
I look back on the day that Jimmy and I got married and I know without a doubt that being sealed to him on that day was the right decision as well as the best one that I will ever make. And I know that because of that right choice, all of the choices to follow will benefit because of it. I will never forget sitting in one of the extra celestial rooms alone with Jimmy before we were sealed. I felt such peace, assurance, and happiness.
So even though some decisions that we are facing are hard, confusing, and a pain they still have a way of making me smile because I have an incredible husband to make them with and I get to see and feel God's plan and hand in our lives.
Awesome. You will never forget that wonderful day in your life. I can't wait for you guys to move here - and get to know Jimmy so much better. 2 weeks!
ReplyDeleteAgain, I am always amazed by you Kathy. You are such a strong woman of faith. I applaud you and your convictions. It is great having someone by your side and making those most important decisions with you. Even still, I can look back on my wedding day waiting quietly with Bret and feeling those same feelings you describe. They have held me together many times when I thought i would break at the seams. The peace of the temple is like fine, strong threads that are woven into our very souls connecting us with our eternal companion. cheesy, I know, but I am feeling a bit sentimental tonight. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's good to get your feelings on paper/computer! It is very exciting and scary to have so many choices to make. I think you guys are doing a pretty good job though. Can't wait to beat you in Madden!
ReplyDeleteI have just a tiny piece of advise/wisdom. The decisions may be terrifying and the consequences seem dire, but when viewed with one step back, they really don't matter. As long as we keep fighting to get everyone home, all these things will just be memories of a life well spent.
Ah, so then I guess even if we become circus clowns we will be okay... pheww. lol ya I agree with you Jake, it doesn't matter much as long as we are righteous which does bring alot of relief. And madden might take awhile for me to taste victory which is why there is always room for tetris! =)
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks Tevs, lol even though I always think you under estimate me! And for the record lol I love when you are sentimental!