The Move
So we have packed up (or I should say, the Hawaiian movers packed up) all of our stuff, have been to NY for a short but sweet visit, and are now in our new destination, Phoenix, Arizona for at least 4 years. We still have not found our own place... we actually have not even looked but we are sure that we will find a place that we would love to call home. So far we have been with Jacob and Cari as well as Hazel and Speed and it has been awesome. They are so welcoming and relaxed and it has been such a blessing to be able to stay with them. The room they gave us is absolutely huge and I'm pretty sure that a pretty good portion of all of our packed up stuff could probably fit in this one room =).
Moving was an experience. It actually has not even hit me yet that we will not be going back to our little island called Hawaii. I still feel like we are just on a vacation (which is ironic considering that Hawaii is the more vacation like atmosphere). Although I love it here, I am sure that when it finally hits me I will probably have a pretty emotional night... but so far so good! =) We were lucky and got to do alot of things before we had to say goodbye to our first home. We went to the beach almost everyday for a week prior to our move and got to eat at some yummy places, and hike some miraculous hikes. I know that I will definitely miss the beach the most though.
The moving part was pretty dang easy. We got things ready but honestly did basically nothing. The movers came in the morning of when we were leaving and it only took them till about 2. They were these huge Hawaiian guys and they were very efficient. Some things got packed that we didn't really want to be packed but only did because we were to slow to move them out of the way! But it was so nice to have them do that for us. Jimmy and I cleaned up the place when they left and it was pretty sad seeing our apartment spotless and empty but I must say, it is nice to not have to pay 1800 bucks a month anymore for rent!!!
But most importantly we are so happy to be near family and we are ready to start this new chapter in our lives!
Comments
Post a Comment