Christmas in NY
So I definitely failed with taking pictures this trip. I think there was about 10 total... but the trip was still great. It was nice to be home in NY for such a long time. We mostly relaxed and spent time with family which was very refreshing. Usually we are going so many places, at the end of our vacation, we are even more tired than when we started...this time was an exception. It was especially nice to relax because I have been soooo tired! I blame this on the little cutie growing inside of me. So it was perfect. Although, the cold was definitely not something that I was very fond of. I am not sure how it's possible to forget something after living it for over 18 years but as soon as I stepped off the plane, I could not believe how ridiculously freezing it was! It felt like my bones were ice half of the time we were there. I honestly did not remember feeling this before, though I am sure, with science backing me up, the temperature was about the same when we were there as it was for the 18 years that I was lived there.
It was fun however, to see two big snow storms, drink hot chocolate all day long, sit by a nice hot fire, and cuddle as much as possible. It was also very cute to watch Dash in the snow. He has obviously never seen snow before and it was fun to first, put him out while it was snowing and then to throw him in a 4 foot pile of the stuff. He was pretty freaked out. It made us laugh.
When we first got there, Jimmy's dad picked us up and took us to his house in Long Island. It was actually his birthday that day, so it was nice to spend the day with him. We talked most of the day and then made a stop to the store, since Jimmy did not bring one pair of jeans (did not have any....). Later we went out to dinner at the Cortlandt Colonial with his dad, Debbie, Crystal, Martin, and Amanda. It was really nice, even though the waiter told me I could not order a chicken ceaser salad. Afterwards, we went to Jimmy's mom's house. We were warmly welcomed like usual and had Jimmy's big comfy room waiting for us.
Christmas Eve we spent at Aunt Claudia's with all of Jimmy's family. It was a fun night. Aunt Claudia had it catered, so there was a lot of food and it was very good. There were also a lot of great desserts as well. There were lots of presents, family, food, and a big fire was going in the fire place. It was really, very nice. I was worried that I would get sad, since I would not be with my family and go through our yearly traditions, but I did a lot better than I thought. I am lucky to have such great in-laws. My favorite part of Christmas Eve was playing the white elephant game. I actually cried at one point because I was laughing so hard. It was a good night.
Christmas morning, we woke up at Christina's... and a lot later than I have ever woken up on Christmas. We got up at about 9. I guess that's what happens when there are no young children. Though I do have to admit, I still woke up about 7 and just lied bed till I heard people moving upstairs. That morning we exchanged gifts with Jimmy's sisters, John, and Christina. And Jimmy was very surprised because he opened a very unexpected gift from me.... the Kinnect for the Xbox. I wanted him to be surprised on Christmas and he has wanted this and talked about it for awhile so I thought, it would be fun to have in NY to play on Christmas and during the weeks that we were there. He was very happy and we all played that morning. Crystal was by far the best at it. Later that day, we went down to Long Island to spend Christmas day and night with his dad. There was a lot of food and family there too. It was a nice Christmas.
New Years Eve, we spent at mom and dad's. We got pizza and had fun playing games together. And then for New Year's day, we had Jimmy's family come over for a big turkey dinner and I must say, for the record, it was the best turkey I have ever had in my life. Dad made it and it was absolutely delicious. I couldn't believe how moist it was!
The rest of the time we were there, we did things here and there and then went back and forth between mom and dad's and Christina's. Like I said, it was very relaxing. We both really enjoyed ourselves. But we are happy to be home again, and look forward to this new year!
It was fun however, to see two big snow storms, drink hot chocolate all day long, sit by a nice hot fire, and cuddle as much as possible. It was also very cute to watch Dash in the snow. He has obviously never seen snow before and it was fun to first, put him out while it was snowing and then to throw him in a 4 foot pile of the stuff. He was pretty freaked out. It made us laugh.
When we first got there, Jimmy's dad picked us up and took us to his house in Long Island. It was actually his birthday that day, so it was nice to spend the day with him. We talked most of the day and then made a stop to the store, since Jimmy did not bring one pair of jeans (did not have any....). Later we went out to dinner at the Cortlandt Colonial with his dad, Debbie, Crystal, Martin, and Amanda. It was really nice, even though the waiter told me I could not order a chicken ceaser salad. Afterwards, we went to Jimmy's mom's house. We were warmly welcomed like usual and had Jimmy's big comfy room waiting for us.
Christmas Eve we spent at Aunt Claudia's with all of Jimmy's family. It was a fun night. Aunt Claudia had it catered, so there was a lot of food and it was very good. There were also a lot of great desserts as well. There were lots of presents, family, food, and a big fire was going in the fire place. It was really, very nice. I was worried that I would get sad, since I would not be with my family and go through our yearly traditions, but I did a lot better than I thought. I am lucky to have such great in-laws. My favorite part of Christmas Eve was playing the white elephant game. I actually cried at one point because I was laughing so hard. It was a good night.
Christmas morning, we woke up at Christina's... and a lot later than I have ever woken up on Christmas. We got up at about 9. I guess that's what happens when there are no young children. Though I do have to admit, I still woke up about 7 and just lied bed till I heard people moving upstairs. That morning we exchanged gifts with Jimmy's sisters, John, and Christina. And Jimmy was very surprised because he opened a very unexpected gift from me.... the Kinnect for the Xbox. I wanted him to be surprised on Christmas and he has wanted this and talked about it for awhile so I thought, it would be fun to have in NY to play on Christmas and during the weeks that we were there. He was very happy and we all played that morning. Crystal was by far the best at it. Later that day, we went down to Long Island to spend Christmas day and night with his dad. There was a lot of food and family there too. It was a nice Christmas.
![]() |
| Christmas morning... one of the few pictures taken |
New Years Eve, we spent at mom and dad's. We got pizza and had fun playing games together. And then for New Year's day, we had Jimmy's family come over for a big turkey dinner and I must say, for the record, it was the best turkey I have ever had in my life. Dad made it and it was absolutely delicious. I couldn't believe how moist it was!
The rest of the time we were there, we did things here and there and then went back and forth between mom and dad's and Christina's. Like I said, it was very relaxing. We both really enjoyed ourselves. But we are happy to be home again, and look forward to this new year!

Comments
Post a Comment