The Best Thing on Earth


Needles to say, its been a pretty busy month. Today is the first day I actually choose to blog rather than clean, do laundry, take a shower, and surprisingly... sleep. Guess that means I'm finally getting on top of things! Yes!

This past month has been such an unforgettable adventure. It's hard to put into words any of the emotions that I have and am still feeling. I love Lexi more than I ever thought was actually possible or capable. She is just the most amazing and precious gift. She has brought Jimmy and me so much happiness already and its only been four weeks. She's changed our lives forever. I feel like not only has she changed the dynamics of our home but shes impacted Jimmy and my relationship as well. I didn't think it was possible to love Jimmy more than I did and now he means even more to me, being the father of my baby. It has brought us so much closer. I can't explain it but I just feel like we have reached this whole new level together and it honestly is just the best feeling in the world. So, I feel like our home is exploding with love lol. I still get teary sometimes even just looking at Jimmy and Lexi, or when we are all together. I seriously can not thank my Father in Heaven enough, for this blessing that he has bestowed upon me. I have the perfect life.

Being able to stay at home with Lexi day and night has been such a gift in itself as well. I LOVE being her mom. I love when someone else is holding her and she is fussy and then she reaches my arms and hears my voice and quiets down (is that bad?). I LOVE holding her and singing to her and rocking her and feeding her. It is so amazing to know that I am this little girl's mother. I have dreamed about this since I was little and reality is even better than what I had dreamed. Sure its been rough at times... I don't think its really possible for someone to understand how hard it is until their baby arrives. I'll never forget after 13 hours of active labor, 2 and a half hours of pushing, and finally being able to go to sleep and then hearing little Lexi cry as they wheeled her into our room and I thought, omgsh I'm never going to sleep again. It was in that moment that I realized that life wasn't just about me and jimmy anymore. 

So far, Lexi has been a pretty wonderful baby. There has been many sleepless days and nights lol but I think I can definitely say that she is probably one of the good ones =). For instance, I'm blogging right now and still no crying =). She definitely is a bit gassy which is mostly hard only because I hate seeing her in discomfort but other than that I think I've been lucky. For example, last night, I got 5 hours of sleep! Either way, I'm no where near being sick of her. She is just too dang cute and I've got the pics to prove it!



















Comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS - Looks like she got the best parents she could have with all that love. We can't wait to meet her! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you left tonight, I was reading through some old journal entries. I had written about how fulfilling and amazing I felt being a parent. It's funny, and almost miraculous how much our hearts expand and how much more love we are capable of having and feeling when we have children. I'm happy you shared your feelings and thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts