So it is true....
I have heard time and time again, "They grow up so fast," and I now I have to say the same. It is seriously mind blowing to me that our little Lexi has already grown and learned so much in just a measly 6 months. 6 months is not a long time! Jimmy was in Afghanistan for more than that. And yet, in the past 6 months Lexi has become a totally different baby! It is even more crazy to me when we look at time from an eternal perspective. 6 months on the eternal "time line" is like what? a micro second. So basically in the glimpse of an eye, our time on earth as a mere dependent newborn is gone.
So what has Lexi learned and done... Oh so many things =)
The biggest... LEXI IS CRAWLING!!!!!!!!!!!!
The day before the superbowl (which the Giants WON! btw...) Lexi decided it was time. It was the big Giants balloons that influenced her to do this. She saw them and did not give up until they were in her reach. Later that day, I got a video. In the video I influence her with a plastic bag.... her regular toys obviously are not that interesting to her =)
She is also sitting up! As I was on the stool putting up football decorations, I look over and see Lexi, just sitting there, completely on her own, eating her rattle. Yes. I almost fell off the stool. Not only was she sitting up, but she had gotten like that completely on her own! Maybe to some... not a big deal but I'm sure all parents would agree with me, when your first child accomplishes these milestones, there is no words to explain just how incredible it is.
Lexi is also....
Eating lots of solids... her favorite is without a doubt, peaches (which I was told was mine also hehe)
Ate bread for the first time at a pizzeria... tho she wanted the pizza (no surprise there, being the child of me and jimmy)
Can actually pronounce the "dada" sound
Can hold her self in a standing position if holding on to something
Reaches up to be picked up
Can get anything and everything into her mouth... her favorite... the ensign (well any magazine really, but there is something special about our monthly ensign)
Can get her little feet in her mouth
And is starting to get the hang of a sippy cup
She is such a cutie. Here are some recent pics
And is starting to get the hang of a sippy cup
She is such a cutie. Here are some recent pics
So what has Lexi learned and done... Oh so many things =)
The biggest... LEXI IS CRAWLING!!!!!!!!!!!!
The day before the superbowl (which the Giants WON! btw...) Lexi decided it was time. It was the big Giants balloons that influenced her to do this. She saw them and did not give up until they were in her reach. Later that day, I got a video. In the video I influence her with a plastic bag.... her regular toys obviously are not that interesting to her =)
She is also sitting up! As I was on the stool putting up football decorations, I look over and see Lexi, just sitting there, completely on her own, eating her rattle. Yes. I almost fell off the stool. Not only was she sitting up, but she had gotten like that completely on her own! Maybe to some... not a big deal but I'm sure all parents would agree with me, when your first child accomplishes these milestones, there is no words to explain just how incredible it is.
Lexi is also....
Eating lots of solids... her favorite is without a doubt, peaches (which I was told was mine also hehe)
Ate bread for the first time at a pizzeria... tho she wanted the pizza (no surprise there, being the child of me and jimmy)
Can actually pronounce the "dada" sound
Can hold her self in a standing position if holding on to something
Reaches up to be picked up
Can get anything and everything into her mouth... her favorite... the ensign (well any magazine really, but there is something special about our monthly ensign)
Can get her little feet in her mouth
And is starting to get the hang of a sippy cup
She is such a cutie. Here are some recent pics
And is starting to get the hang of a sippy cup
She is such a cutie. Here are some recent pics









She's such a cutie! And has so many skills already! Yea, Lexi! Come see us again and show her off. :)
ReplyDelete