Sick Baby
This past week our sweet little girl got pretty sick. Luckily for us she was actually a pretty good trooper through it all. Other than seriously not letting me out of a 6 inch radius, she was quite normal. Well, and she literally slept for about 20 hours of the day on Tuesday. For the first time in what seems like forever, I actually took a nap that day. AND... actually woke up from it! Once in a great while I will lay down in the afternoon but it's for about 15 minutes and I never actually fall asleep. This time I did. And it was for like 2 hours. So I actually woke up. Won't complain about that.
So she got kinda cranky Monday night, slept ALL day and night on Tuesday, had a high fever all day on Wednesday and it spiked to almost 104 that night, so I decided after talking to the nurse twice, I should bring her in on Thursday. I really did not want to but my instincts were totally for it. So, we went in. Honestly, I am super glad I did. Turns out she had bronchiolitis. And the doctor told me that if I had opted not to bring her in, Lexi's fever would have reached a 105 fever or she would have had difficulty breathing to the extent of having to bring her to the OR. He told me her case was actually pretty serious but that everything would be fine. For the record, I LOVE her doctor. He is very friendly, informative, and has a funny sense of humor. I also like that I sincerely trust him. So it was good that I brought her in.
He gave her antibodies as well as medicine to go along with a nebulizer. She actually doesn't mind her treatments. She is a good girl. She seems to be doing much better and we are both so relived. It was hard to check her fever and see not a good number every time. It was AWESOME when we checked it Friday afternoon to find it at 98!! Woohoo!! =) So no worries, she is doing good!
So she got kinda cranky Monday night, slept ALL day and night on Tuesday, had a high fever all day on Wednesday and it spiked to almost 104 that night, so I decided after talking to the nurse twice, I should bring her in on Thursday. I really did not want to but my instincts were totally for it. So, we went in. Honestly, I am super glad I did. Turns out she had bronchiolitis. And the doctor told me that if I had opted not to bring her in, Lexi's fever would have reached a 105 fever or she would have had difficulty breathing to the extent of having to bring her to the OR. He told me her case was actually pretty serious but that everything would be fine. For the record, I LOVE her doctor. He is very friendly, informative, and has a funny sense of humor. I also like that I sincerely trust him. So it was good that I brought her in.
He gave her antibodies as well as medicine to go along with a nebulizer. She actually doesn't mind her treatments. She is a good girl. She seems to be doing much better and we are both so relived. It was hard to check her fever and see not a good number every time. It was AWESOME when we checked it Friday afternoon to find it at 98!! Woohoo!! =) So no worries, she is doing good!
Comments
Post a Comment