Man Up

The week after Thanksgiving, (Eventually I will post about that).. I was ridiculously sick. So on top of my regular nausea and exhaustion, I thought I would either die myself that week or kill someone else.... namely Lexi.

She had a hard week this week too. Not sure if she didn't feel too great too, hated how I wasn't my happy cheerful self, or just wanted to be bad to be bad but she and I were just not on the same page. It was so so miserable.

The worst part was my head aches. There were a couple times I honestly just could not even function. So dealing with a cranky one year old with one of them, was one of the hardest things ever. Thank goodness, Jimmy was actually home more than often this week of death. He was a big help. He watched Lexi, went to the store about 10 times, took care of me, and let me order whatever food actually seemed good to me without any protestation.

Eventually the pain and congestion started to leave and life seemed good again. However, due to my lack of normalcy week, Lexi developed some not so good habits. Like, expecting a bottle at 3 in the morning in our bed. She was also being so stubborn on sitting still. So, I decided I needed to buckle down and show her who was boss.

This in turn, was another hard week. The one night, she literally cried for 2 hours straight in the middle of the night. But despite some articles online, "Cuddle them, lay with them, they are only babies still..." I endured the terrifying screaming and crying through out the night. She now, sleeps sound =)

I also, was way more consistent in the stores with her sitting, made her sit in her high chair at least 3 times a day, taught her some great tricks (go get a diaper, now go put it in the garbage, fold your arms for prayer, and SIT!), and I spanked her WAY harder than I ever had in the past when she touched something that I told her not to.

HOLY COW! She has seriously been an angel the last week! Even when we go out, she is doing so much better! And this past Sunday, once again, she sat through the ENTIRE Sacrament meeting without going out once. Maybe it's cuz she is just getting older... I like to think that I had a little something to do with it though =)

It is amazing to me how much she really can take in and how much she can learn. And how much I just keep loving her more. We are becoming such amazing friends. On one note its actually kind of bad, being that she screams bloody murder when I leave her, but on another note, I do love how close we are.

She is so fun for me and I love having a daughter. More than I could ever put into words.

To document a couple fun things...

She signs yes and more which helps me out a lot.
She shakes her head for no.
She is eating a whole yogurt cup on her own (yes she does make a huge mess)
Her favorite thing to do, is to play outside with Dash
She says, map (thanks to dora), dash, mama, dada, juice, baba, bro (jimmy taught her this), ball, and starting to say a rendition of go outside and please.. She would argue that she knows more, but until I know for sure what she means everytime I will not count it... sorry Lex
She isn't allowed juice in a bottle anymore except for in Church
She LOVES to brush her teeth... (okay suck on the bubble gum tooth paste)
She jumps and climbs on everything... right now she loves to climb on the table and jump to the couch
She plays patty cake
She knows ears, teeth, head, toes... still can't get nose!
Her favorite food is still pizza
Her favorite book is Peeka Who?
She keeps trying on my shoes and attempts to walk around in them
And she continues to show us new and improved dance moves

She is so so fun. Definitely the most active baby I have ever met and most of the time I still do enjoy that =)




Comments

Popular Posts