Our Second Home


This summer was pretty insane for us with Jimmy's DPS academy in Phoenix. He had to be there all week, every week from July 13th, to October 1st. Oh, and we only had one car =)

But luckily for us, we have amazing family and were invited and welcomed to stay at Jake and Cari's for as long as we needed. And not only that, but they gave up their big master bedroom for us for the whole entire time, so that we could have lots of space and our very own bathroom. They even cleared out the closet, so that we could put all our stuff in it!
We were able to come and go as we pleased and never felt unwanted or unwelcome. 
I can't even say how grateful I was for them and for letting us share their home. We really felt like it was our home too. 

Not many people would be okay with sharing their home, food, car, occasional clothes or diapers, for months... especially with people who never knew their set schedule or changed their minds a lot. There were times we would only give them an hours notice of coming, or times when I decided I was going to stay in Cottonwood instead of coming...

It was not only super convenient but it was also so wonderful to be able to see them and their kids all the time. It was very rewarding to watch our kids get closer and closer to their cousins and to their aunt and uncle. 

Thank you so much Jake and Cari for being so incredibly generous, understanding, and kind to all of us. 
We appreciated it all.

Here are a few pics of our time together. I really should have took more though... (too busy playing Castles I guess) 

The time Jimmy decided to make fried ice cream



Not really sure how to caption this one...
Nice tights?


Sand box fun




Cheeeeeese! 


We got to go swimming SO much this summer.
It was awesome.



Even though this one, maybe set foot in the pool twice...
He opted to be the hose master most of the time


Man, I really did not take enough pictures!!


Comments

Popular Posts