Kona Girl


Our sweet Kona girl is keeping us all busy over here. And I have to say, this month was probably harder than the last. Since she is getting older, sleep is getting better, but training is taking up more time. I really don't want her roaming the house free in less I am watching her so this month I felt especially pressed for time. It was harder to give myself "me" time too when I knew that I could be playing or training Kona. I still think I have to find the right balance.

But a really good thing is that I can tell that she really is an incredible and well behaved dog already. I still don't have to put her on a leash out front either. I feel like this may change as she gets older but right now, as soon as I call her back in she comes running. She also pees and poops almost immediately. So she definitely understands what to do out there. She also is learning new tricks fast. And this month when taking her to the vet, I actually got several compliments from the staff that she was so good. This made my heart leap with pride and joy lol. 

We are doing our best. 
I sure love her and I am so glad that she is part of our family =)

Side note: It's also getting harder with Zavier though. He has no fear of her whatsoever (which is something else I am constantly proud of Kona for... she never reacts violently to Zave) BUT he is getting so much more aggressive with her since the fear is completely gone. The hardest thing is how he wants to constantly pick her up. So again, the two of them isn't easy. Zavier also loves to interfere with training too. As soon as I start to try and teach Kona something new or go over some stuff, Zavy comes in and loves to cause commotion. In a way it's good because it is teaching Kona to listen even when distracted. But it makes it way harder to actually teach her this.

Again, we are doing our best lol













 

Comments

Popular Posts