Running Partner

I love to run. I used to hate to run. It used to hurt my throat and my ears (it really did) and I actually thought it was boring. Well that was until I tried running to music. I learned this phenomenon in college at BYU Provo when my friends invited me to run with them at the track. I was apprehensive but excited to get some definite exercise and had brought my ipod since they all were bringing theirs. WOW! What a difference! I absolutely loved it. It was so fun to turn up the music and just run. It was such an incredible feeling. It released every bad feeling in me. And since then, I have loved to put on my sneakers, put in my ear phones, turn up my music (admittedly to hip hop or rap) and run. This was especially good for me when Jimmy was deployed.

However, running got even better about two years ago, when Jimmy went running with me for the first time on the beach. And yes it was romantic and cute but it was mainly so awesome because he intimidated me and I didn't want to look like a major dork so I ran more and harder than I ever have before and when I did slow down, Jimmy totally pushed me. We have run many times since then, but we haven't in awhile because for the last couple of months we have both been super busy and also my back hasn't been so great... mostly due to the lack of my exercising (I found that the more I exercise and the more in shape I am, the less my back hurts). Well tonight for a part of family night we went running together and oh my goodness! It felt so good to run with Jimmy again, even though I feel bad for him as he is hardly running and I am usually going as hard as I can. He definitely is more in shape than I am. But I am so grateful that he puts up with me and still is willing to run by my side and cheer me on. It is such a great experience for me. He is my personal physical trainer! =)

I am excited to start running more and hopefully Jimmy will continue to be nice and keep going with me =)

Comments

  1. Oh my heck! I was sick for like a week and a half and today i tried to run. Oh boy... I am sucky and out of shape now!!! I think it's great you and jimmy run together. and that he pushes you and you don't get mad at him when he does. I am too lazy to get pushed now. Keep it up!

    by the way, i love all the pictures on your blog slide show. so jealous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh... I know I hate being out of shape! About the pics.... thanks! I should take more but sometimes we just get lost in the moment. Hawaii is so beautiful! It's gonna be hard to leave!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts