Bread Bowls!
Yesterday was really rainy and cold and so it was perfect to make a nice hot meal and luckily we had the ingredients to make a nice warm chili! Mmm! Well as I was flipping through one of my recipe books to look for a fun new bread to try with the chili, I spotted these bread bowls with chili in them and thought wow that looks so fun! So I thought, I can do that! And I actually did! They turned out great! First, I made the dough and then they say to use custard cups and flip them upside down on a pan and mold the dough over each of them. Well, we do not have custard cups so what I did was mold foil first around two of our ceramic bowls, then I molded the dough, and then I removed the actual bowls. I was worried that the foil might cave but two layers of the heavy duty foil stayed strong! The bowls were a little big but it actually turned out nice because then we had extra room to break off the bread and dip it in our chili! So delicious! I will definitely make this again!
Right out of the oven

Bigger bowls than I thought =)

Finished product! Soooo yummy!


Jimmy and I had fun with our foil bread bowls but Jimmy refused to show that he was having fun lol but I swear he was!
Right out of the oven
Bigger bowls than I thought =)
Finished product! Soooo yummy!
Jimmy and I had fun with our foil bread bowls but Jimmy refused to show that he was having fun lol but I swear he was!
Jimmy, what a little punk!
ReplyDeleteYou are quite the cook Kath. I am excited to have you guys out to share the dinner nights. I am glad you like to cook and try out new things.
mom sent a picture of jimmy as a little kid last night. it was really cute, and he was smiling, i think. Maybe not though. hehe