Jill's Visit!

This past week one of my best friends from BYU-Provo, Jill, came to visit Jimmy and I in Hawaii and it was awesome! I am so glad that you came Jill! We had so much fun and I am sad that you had to leave =(. It was so nice to hang out with you again and be with a girl! So thank you so much for coming!!

Jill came in on Tuesday and that afternoon we got pedicures and went out to eat. It was so fun already just being with Jill and catching up on everything. That night we had fun eating snacks and talking. We also planned our week! On Wednesday we did the Polynesian Cultural Center. I had so much fun. It was nice to have the chance to go again because they actually just recently changed the night show. To me, it wasn't that big of a difference as the main part was still just alot of dancing but I thought the ending was actually better. The fire show was just incredible! The day was alot of fun too and the weather was perfect. We had a great time talking, laughing, and taking fun pictures.

Our Cool Fiji Tattoos!

The next day was our beach day. So I decided to take her up to North Shore because I think it is the best when you want to get the whole Hawaiian beach experience. We stopped at Ted's bakery on the way and then layed out at Waimea Beach. It was so nice! The weather was hot and sunny... just the way I like it! I usually don't like to lay out unless I am literally sweating from every pore. =)We both enjoyed the sun and eventually both of us just fell asleep lying in the sand. After acouple hours we left and went to Kavaroots and shared an acai bowl which was delicious. They are these bowls with acai smoothie, granola, honey, and bananas. Mmmm. Then we stopped at Sharks Cove. It was a good day but we were both exhausted so that night we got pizza, watched movies, and went to bed alot earlier than the night before.

On Friday we did Pearl Harbor in the morning and I am so glad that we did. I have never gone before and it was actually pretty incredible. So thanks Jill for getting me to go! There were several memorials to see but because of the large crowd it's hard to get tickets for everything so we just got tickets for the USS Arizona memorial. They took us on a boat to the memorial which was actually on top of some of the Arizona. It was a remarkable site. I couldn't believe how big the ship was.

After Pearl Harbor we drove across the island to the Dole Pineapple Factory and it was so worth the drive! The ice cream was yummier than I remembered! We both got pineapple waffle cones and they were delicious! By the time we walked around a bit and had our ice cream we had to get back because we were getting massages but I am so glad we made the trip!

When we got home we changed and headed towards Waikiki for our Lomi Lomi massages. We had such a relaxing time and got to go in the hot tub before our appointment. We then had our massages in a tropical hut outside and it was so beautiful. And the massage that I got was THE best massage I have ever had. Oh my goodness, this lady worked miracles! I told her that I liked it really hard and usually when I say that, people are too afraid to actually do it and well, she wasn't! I could actually feel my muscles moving and relaxing. It was amazing. I definitely want to go back to her! Jill loved her's too =)
Later we went to the Cheesecake factory which was mmmm... so incredible and we had such a fun time talking about our memories of college and all our crazy times. And then we walked around Waikiki for a bit and bargained with some sellers into getting some pretty cool jewelry for way cheap! Such a good night!

Saturday was probably both of our favorite days. We went up to Hanauma Bay and it was the absolute perfect time to go. First, the place was empty! There was no one there! and second, the weather could not have been better. It was so hot and sunny and it made the water feel so good. Jimmy came with us here and we all loved it. We saw so many fish and loved exploring all the different spots. We didn't see any sea turtles but we definitely saw some pretty big fish! Then, on the drive home we stopped at Teddy's Burgers as we were all starving and it was so good just like always. That night we played some games and watched Avatar but fell asleep not even half way through because we were all wiped out from all the snorkeling.


On Sunday we just relaxed and went to Church. I made Jill her first ever banana pancakes and I was pleased to see that she really enjoyed them. =)What a good time! It was honestly so nice for me to have her out here. I miss you already Jill!!! Thanks for the amazing time!

Comments

  1. Ah, reminds me of our great trip there. Too bad I am traveling too much this year to go back. I miss those pineapple things - they have them at Disneyland, too. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya it's too bad you guys can't come back...we def miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the most amazing time ever!!! Thanks for letting me come and visit:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts