My New Job

My new job since Jimmy and I got to Arizona is being a nanny for Hazel and Speed. And it's pretty much the best job ever. I have nannied before for a family of 4 (3 boys and 1 newborn girl) and Hazel and Speed are cake compared to them. I am so lucky and very grateful to Jacob and Cari for giving me this opportunity. Not only do I get to be with my niece and nephew all day but I get to make some cash on the side! =)


Hazel and I are becoming great friends. She has finally even learned my name. At first I was bubbles (not sure why). This lasted about 2 weeks but now I am Kathy and I love when she says it each and every time. It is just too cute. Hazel is such a fun girl. She is very easy going and although she will have the normal temper tamdrums that a 2 year old usually has, it only ever lasts a total of a minute tops. =) You can't beat that! She is constantly making me laugh. This week we started potty training her and today it was so incredible as she pulled down her undies herself, ran to the potty, and went poo all by herself! So at least we know we are getting somewhere! Makes all the messes worth it!
Speed is such a good baby and I already have such a strong love for him. He loves to cuddle and be near people and it is fun because just being near him is usually enough to make him smile. I am getting to know him better and it is fun as I start to realize his different cries and understand his different needs. It is also absolutely amazing to see how he really does get stronger everyday. I swear he does something different everyday!

So the job so far is awesome. I'm sure when I get my own daycare up and running I will miss the days when it was just me, Speed, and Hazel.

Comments

  1. Nope... it's actually still bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife is the best!!!! Can not wait to have our own... =) love ya babe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts