Today marks Lexi's 8 month mark! 8 months!! I am doing a bit better about writing in a journal for Lexi as well as one for me but it still I think will be good to write some things on here. And post some pics... even though I am also scrapbooking =) But i figure if the house burns down one day, then at least some memories will be salvaged.
Oh my little Lexi. I can't believe how big she is already. It seems for a long while now, that she does something new everyday. It is such a blessing to be able to see these things all day long too. I never get to miss a cute new trick. I love my life =)
I even love when she takes down all our dvds by one, or unravels the whole thing of toilet paper (i may "forget" to close the door from time to time...). I even love when she sometimes can't fall asleep and I hear her little hands banging on the crib (this means she is standing up). I even love when she twists and turns when I try to change her diaper. It has yet to make me mad. I honestly can't help but laugh. This in turn makes her laugh and now it has become a game. I genuinely love it.
Honestly, the only thing I have a hard time with is when she is crying or screaming around other people. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I honestly do not care that much when I am home with just her but when we are around other people, it drives me bonkers. I'd like to say that it's all because I don't want others to have to hear the wailing but I think it's also because it embarrasses me. I guess I feel like others may think I am a bad mother if my baby cries. Which I know is very dumb. Maybe someday I will get over it. lol i hope... or I am doomed forever.
Anywho, as of right now for the record, Lexi is....
Standing up on absolutely everything. Doesn't matter if its 3 feet tall or 2 inches high.
Eating everything I give her and I honestly think her fav thing
is pizza crust. If not that... cheerios. She will devour them so fast and she is getting pretty dang good at getting them in her mouth now. Though everytime I go to lift her out of her highchair, multiple snacks will still fall from her body lol
Sleeping 12 hours at night (nothing new though) hehe
Clapping and giving high fives!
Pronouncing the "da" "ma" and once in a great while the "ba" sound
and Lexi is crawling all around the house. I will now find her in bathrooms, under our bed, under the table, and even under the computer desk. Yes sometimes I actually have to "look" for her lol.
Some cute things about Lexi (well I mean ya everything) but to make it short...
She LOVES bath time. She knows now when we start the water what it means. She will pant pretty heavily as she bounces up and down, holding on to the edge of the tub as she watches it fill with water.
She will sit through me reading a book to her now without trying to eat it
She ALWAYS has some sort of mark on her head from scraping, falling, or bumping into something. (she is very brave when it comes to moving her little body around)
She always manages to take her socks off. Hair things and hats... doesn't even know they are there. But socks... they seriously never stand a chance
She LOVES playing with other people, especially children. She will play for hours in our playroom if someone else is in there with her.
and Lexi loves to be flown in the air or spun around. It is quite cute.
Here are some recent pics. And a quick video to follow.
 |
| Yes this is an actual smile |
 |
| lol this too =) |
 |
| At the aquarium |
 |
| St. Patty's Day! |
 |
| Oh Lexi... |
 |
| Hiking time |
 |
| Still no hair... |
 |
| So fun to see this every morning! |
 |
| First time with blueberries! |
 |
Always standin...
|
Our little Lexi is a miracle. We couldn't love her more if we tried.
She's got SKILZ!!! What a cutie pie!
ReplyDeleteHow cute! I love her pudgy legs and her cheesy smile! Isn't it crazy how you just love her more and more every day?!
ReplyDeleteAnd I totally get what you mean about the crying in public thing, but I recently had an experience that help me feel better about it. A few months ago, Wyatt was throwing a massive fit in the grocery store. He was going so crazy that he knocked 3 boxes of cereal out of my arms and before I could bend down to pick them up, this really cute old man had already got them for me. I don't know why, but that made it so I was able to look people in the eye. (I usually avoid eye contact with everyone when Wyatt's crying b/c I get so embarrassed too!) And I suddenly realized that everyone felt bad for ME. They all looked at me with sympathy and knowing smiles and it really made me feel so much better! I thought they would think that I was a bad Mom, but really they didn't! They were on my side, and it was great. I haven't had such a hard time with it since then. I hope that helps!
Megan that did help! I guess maybe people do understand that sometimes babies are just cranky!!
ReplyDelete