Memorial Day!!
To me, Memorial Day is very special. And once upon a time it really wasn't. But then my very best friend in the world changed that as he joined the Marines. It was then that I realized just how much those fighting for our country have done and do now. And just how brave and strong they are. I will always be honored to have been a military wife.
We will celebrate this day in our family for forever.
We also really want to put flags on those who have served and have now passed. It was such a special opportunity.We went early in the morning with our ward and it was just so peaceful and quiet. It was an amazing experience. We want this to be a tradition.
Afterwards, we went to our ward breakfast and then bbq'd and swam at Bret and Tevs in the afternoon. It was a lot of fun.


What a great tradition you've started! My Dad fought in WW II and I grew up as an "Army brat" as they used to say. He and my mom taught me and my siblings to appreciate those who gave their best, including their lives for some, so that we might enjoy freedom. Thanks for this post, Kathy.
ReplyDeleteYou are very welcome. Your dad was such an incredible man. I love hearing stories about him and I am glad that I had the opportunity to meet him that one year. It is those kind of men that should be celebrated and honored each year as well as their families!
ReplyDelete