Cutest Little Things

Lexi just won't stop growing and doing more and more things! She is just so much fun! So, I thought I would document and share some of the cute things she has been doing lately.

She has been signing the word "yes". This is so so cute! She usually will do it to any question that sounds good to her. Like, "Are you all done?" "Do you want some juice?" "Do you want to play with Dash?" She definitely understands the concept too because when we ask, "Do you want to go to bed?", or "Do you want to get dressed?" she does not respond in the same way =)

She has been coming up to me when she has a baba or juice, with her blanket, because she wants to cuddle. THIS IS AMAZING since she hasn't wanted to cuddle with me, since oh, never!

She is talking so much more! I mean, except for one words in a context or situation we understand, we have no idea what on earth she is saying, but she thinks she is communicating very well and it is just too cute to handle!

She is sleeping like a pro again! I should have posted this separately as I am one proud mama regarding this issue! Ever since we got back from Powell, Lexi has been fighting me on bed and nap times when she used to just, hit the bed and go to sleep. It was really hard for me because I did not know what to do so it was frustrating and making us both way too tired. Well, I started this new thing, where I would put her down, give her 10-15 minutes and if she was still screaming, I would go in and calmly soothe her and put her back down and do NOTHING else. The first night I did this, it took 6 times. She did not fall asleep for over an hour and a half. The second night it took about a half an hour. The 3rd night, it took one time of me going in there and low and behold, ever since that night, she has yet to make a noise after putting her to bed!!!!! =) She even went down without a peep at Jake and Cari's last weekend! This taught me that consistency is going to be my forever best friend when it comes to parenting. I mean, I knew this, but I didn't implement it! So yay for sleep!!! She's back to sleeping 11 hours a night!

She is also developing some new dance moves. Instead of just moving her arms, she will now bob up and down and sometimes even turn or my favorite, shake her head. =)

She is acquiring a love for reading as well. We read mostly touch and feel books and she knows all the spots to touch on a couple of them. It is so amazing to watch her little hand find the fun spot to touch as soon as we turn the page.

Lexi has also mastered how to blow bubbles with her own spit.

She is putting stuff away now. After every bath, I brush her hair and then she will take her little comb and put it back in her baby basket. It melts my heart every time still. =)

She still continues to say, "Mmmm" as she eats or when she is hungry.

She LOVES to brush her teeth. This has become like a treat lol

She also still loves to be climbing, thrown, or doing something adventurous. She is just too much!







Comments

Popular Posts