I love going home to New York and I think I always will. Not only is it gorgeous but going back always makes me feel young again and I love it. Each and every time I drive down Sterling Road again and into our neighborhood, it is just transcendent. I loved where I grew up and I guess that's why I love going back. Proof: Taking a very lively and wild toddler on a plane for 5 hours when nauseous and exhausted beyond belief lol.
Lexi and I were lucky enough to go back this Fall and it was wonderful. I am so glad (even though she will not remember) that I got to share, one of my favorite things about New York with my little girl... the Fall. The weather was perfect. I mean, I enjoyed returning to warmer weather, but also loved having a bit of a chilly change. The leaves were all turning beautiful colors. And there is just the crisp fall air.
I was really nervous about the plane ride there and so I must have googled a thousand questions to be as prepared as I could be. I also tried to find a drug that might help Lexi be a bit more relaxed lol but benadryl and those teething tablets would just not do the trick with her (of course). So we went to the airport, just us, ready to go. And it honestly was pretty dang good.
We were an hour delayed but even though it was a bit tough chasing her around in the airport with the carry on suitcase and diaper bag without a stroller for an hour (yes, Im retarded), it seemed to wear her out and she fell asleep as soon as we took off. And the people next to me, oh my lanta! were so sweet. Two grandparents who were actually on their way to visit grandchildren of there own. During the whole flight we only had about a 15 minute melt down but eventually Lexi dozed off again. 15 minutes out of 5 hours. (Granted, I never stopped taking things in and out of the magic diaper bag for those 5 hours lol) I'll take it!
And then, while we were waiting for our bags, a woman came up to me and said, "You are going to be an incredible mother." This almost made me cry (preggo emotions to blame) as I thanked her for being so sweet. I have to say, out of all the compliments in the world. Being a good mother will always be the best one I can receive and so it still brightens my spirit today. =)
Then came the ride home from the airport. Let's just say, it was crazy. Nevertheless we got home with pizza and eventually the fun began.
The week went by fast as it always does. But we had so much fun. I felt bad because I didn't feel too good and I was so so tired but it was still totally worth it. Lexi had a blast. I loved watching her with her grandma all week and getting so see everyone else. She has so many loving people in her life.
Some of the highlights of the week were, apple picking, shopping, pizza, time with Jimmy's fam (the dinner at Tiramisu was so yummy!), Lexi playing in the rain, and dinner with Kare and Tray. I have to say though, it was SO nice to just be home, relax and spend time with mom and dad. Perfect week. Can't wait to do it again next year!! =)
On the way back, we also had a pretty good trip. Lexi was awesome. She is a keeper =) Thanks mom and dad for letting us come visit!
 |
| Time to go shopping!! |
 |
| Really the first time in rain! She LOVED it! |
 |
| Grandma taught her how to suck through a straw! Yay!!! |
 |
| Wouldn't be the same without Nona's pasta! |
 |
| Eating her first zipilee!! |
Comments
Post a Comment