Valentine's Surprise

The night before.

I try so hard most nights Jimmy is gone, to wait up for him, but this night around 11 my eyes, body, and mind just couldn't fight it anymore. And the next thing I knew I heard my Jimmy in the bathroom brushing his teeth. I turned to look at the clock, 12:12am. Geeesh. He soon met me in bed and like always, pulled me in and held me, and this particular time whispered, "Happy Valentines Day"

He then whispered, I just went to the store but it was closed. But since I was still half asleep, I just kissed him and said Happy Valentines Day too. We both fell asleep.

The next morning.

 I woke for about maybe five seconds as Jimmy kissed me and said goodbye. This is a random occurrence because usually Lexi wakes us both up in the morning before he is even out of bed to get ready. But on the days she does sleep in a little bit later, he never makes a sound and until he says goodbye and then he is out the door. I have always been grateful for this. I am not a morning person.

I went back to sleep immediately and didn't wake up until 6:55am when I heard Lexi chattering like a monkey in her crib. Now I knew it was Valentines but I also remembered that Jimmy had mentioned that he hadn't gotten to the store. Which obviously met, don't expect anything lol. This was not that surprising because Jimmy has always been a last minute kind of guy. So I really did not expect anything.

Nevertheless I got up. And it wasn't until I had gotten Lexi and we were on our way into the kitchen, that I saw a beautiful display of simple white tulips, balloons, chocolates, and a card sitting on our kitchen counter. For a second I thought I was dreaming.

There was also a small box of chocolates for Lex as well as a cute little light up toy (which she LOVES). Then as I got closer, I saw some fresh bagels and donuts on the counter. This in turn, made me cry. I happen to love a fresh bagel in the morning and for some reason, this bagel got to me... a lot. This was so so sweet. And I was completely SURPRISED!


So even though, YES YES.... it was Valentines Day, I was still 100 % surprised which made it so touching, especially that bagel. I guess it pays to have a constant valentine =) Because then they really know what you want!


As for the rest of the day, Lexi and I just had a normal day really. I was going to make cookies but with Lexi's chocolates, my chocolates (all caramel!), and the huge box I got Jimmy, I decided, maybe that wasn't such a good idea!

And being that I think we all had more chocolate yesterday then ever before, it was probably a smart idea!

We didn't even have a fancy dinner since I had made stuffed shells the night before and had some left overs. And then, Jimmy went off to the academy and didn't get home until about 11. We haven't really "celebrated" much lately but I know that this hard work and time apart will be well worth it.

Happy Valentines!

 Some shots of Lexi enjoying her valentine donut from her daddy!


We both painted our nails done red the night before!

Some shots of Lexi and me in her cute little Valentines shirt 




Daddy giving Lexi her first heart box of chocolates! 





Comments

  1. You certainly married a good man, a very very very good man! I will say it again, you two totally deserve each other! I love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This almost made me cry! Seriously, thank you. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts