Half way to one is so much fun!
Holy smokes this little baby boy is now at the half way mark to turning ONE!!!
But even though it makes me want to cry sometimes (okay, sometimes I do), we all just loving watching him grow!
This age really is so so fun. Everyday is something noticeably new. And because of this, I actually think 6 months has become one of my favorite ages so far.
I still thank Heavenly Father every night that I don't have to miss a second of it either. It is definitely one of the biggest blessings in my life.
I just LOVE watching you grow up Izaac!
Right now you are still just loving life. You laugh, babble, cry, roll, roll, and roll. You are almost never on the big area rug in our living room anymore (where you are originally placed), because you quickly roll somewhere onto the tile. At first, I would continue to move you back. But now I like to just watch you move. You actually don't mind the tile, even when you bonk your head. You just get back up and keep on rollin'.
You also have now rolled into our bathroom. In fact, you usually end up there now if you happen to be on our bedroom floor for more than 5 minutes. Maybe, you don't like the carpet in general? =)
You still LOVE to eat. You get so excited when you get put in the highchair because you know something tasty is comin' your way. And now that you are getting older, it's so fun letting you try different flavors because you love everything! I think your favorites right now are blueberries with apples and bananas with strawberries.
We also have branched out to using baby oatmeal instead of just the rice this month but it looks like its basically all just the same to you =)
We tried to give you some puffs on your half birthday as a little treat, but you didn't quite get the concept... you really didn't even look at them on your tray! We'll try again in a month or two!
Some new things that you are doing are grabbing your toes (possibly the cutest thing ever) and moving back wards. You can't crawl forwards yet but if we put something fun in front of you, you try as hard as you can and end up going the wrong way =)
I still wouldn't say that you are sleeping through the night (yes, I forgive you), but you actually do last the entire night for a couple nights a week. So we are getting there. We know you can do it, we just haven't figured out why some nights you do, and some nights you don't.
You have developed a pattern of pooping at 5 in the morning though. This is harder to forgive =) Mostly because you do NOT want to go back to sleep and I do NOT want to wake up. I am hoping this poop time is not permanent =)
You absolutely adore Lexi and it is obvious that you love to watch her jump and play. Sometimes you just watch her so intently. She is picking up on this too. Sometimes I swear she tries new things because she knows she has an audience.
You also adore me and daddy but in different ways. It is very obvious that daddy is already your pal. You get completely giddy when he looks your way or sings/talks to you. And he can definitely make you laugh the loudest.
When you see me you smile too but it is more of in a relaxed way. You look comforted. I definitely am your go to if you are sad or tired. And I LOVE this. I love how all I have to do is pick you up or touch your hand and you calm down. It is a feeling that brings me in-explainable joy.
Both me and daddy's favorite thing about you right now is how you nuzzle so vigorously when you are tired. It is so funny and CUTE! We especially love when we happen to be holding you when you nuzzle. We fight over you when you are tired just so we can be the one that gets nuzzled! ... seriously we do! It's THAT cute!
You are a happy, healthy, and handsome baby. Your eyes are just gorgeous. Bright blue and full of light. You love to be thrown, LOVE to dance, and love when we eat your tummy and toes.
We absolutely positively love love love you! And as much fun as it is watching you grow, we both hope the next 6 months go a little bit slower! Cuz we want to soak in every last second of you!
Happy half birthday Iz!!!


Comments
Post a Comment