Halloweeeeeeen!

Oh boy. What a day/night this was =)

I mostly love Halloween. I love the fun costumes, cute decorations, and of course, ALL of the candy! I think I had 3 bags of candy corn this year compared to my usual 1...

The only thing I don't like are the over the top "scaries". I don't know what it is but I far less enjoy being scared and scary things now than as a teenager. Even Enok's mask (he is 7 mind you) freaked me out!

Maybe I should have dressed up like a chicken =)

Anyhow, we decided to go down to Phoenix and do trick or treating with the family and then stay for a couple days. It worked out perfectly because Jimmy was off for a week starting the day before! and my birthday was on Monday.

But my immaculate vision of this night/trip I think was just too high because I continued to let things bother me as Halloween night went on.

Lexi didn't want to keep her costume on
Izaac was out of sorts (he didn't even want a pizza crust!)
Jimmy was distracted.... =)
I didn't get any good pictures of the night
And Jimmy and I just weren't on the same page (he wanted to do a few houses, I wanted to keep going, he didn't want her eating candy, I didn't care... etc. etc)
So it just made me grumpy

And when we got back to Jakes, it was only 7:15! We didn't have Lexi's blanket (has NEVER slept without it before) and Jimmy and I were bitter at each other.

So I thought, why not go home? Spend an hour talking, the kids will fall asleep, there will be no traffic, and then we could just go back in the morning.

So we ended up going home. I mean, it's only an hour, so it wasn't the biggest deal ever but it was too bad. I really need to work on just rolling with it when Jimmy and I get into arguments.

In the end though, it was actually good that we went home. We watched movies, relaxed and got to talk a lot which was actually turned out to be really fun.

So Halloween had a couple surprises. Lexi definitely had fun =) She enjoyed going up to the houses and stopped taking her costume off. She preferred riding in the stroller between houses and then getting out at the driveway. And never did she let go of her bucket. It became her biggest treasure. She was a funny little duck =)

So she was a duck and Izaac was a bat. I thought they both were adorable. Luckily I got some cute pictures of them the day before Halloween. ... Sometimes I have to tap myself on the back for being prepared =)

Happy Halloween!

The Bat!





The Duck!




Together!




Halloween Morning




Halloween Day!







Trick or Treat!





Aftermath










Comments

Popular Posts