Operation: Potty Training!


In August I decided it was time to potty train our Izaac boy. 
He finally seemed like he was ready and I was DONE with the diapers.
So we bid them farewell (and haven't looked back!)

I have to say, even though training Izaac was way harder than Lex, it still didn't come close to some of the stories out there (which I am eternally grateful for lol)

The first day we started, I offered Izaac jelly beans to pee. I put them in a jar and thought he would be all excited about it...
He wasn't.
And when I would get him to pee, he never even wanted one lol.
So that night, mommy and daddy ate them all =) and I picked up a bag of Swedish fish the next morning.
Oh man.... these did just the trick! 

After that first time of getting him to pee in the morning, which only took about 15 minutes, and then giving him a fish.... he was 100 % on board.
And just like Lexi did, he would pee a tiny bit every 10 minutes or so, just to get a fish. 

So within three whole days of undies, we were rockin it!
He could totally make himself go (pee and poo!) and I was super excited!


Well, that weekend (we had, had a change of plans) I ended up going down to Mesa to be with two of my best friends from college. This in turn, meant that I had to hand over my position as supervisor to operation potty training, for over 24 hours...

And... let's just say that me and Izaac had some pretty big battles on the day I came back lol
He didn't want to pee on that potty and there was NO way I was letting him leave without doing so... because I KNEW that he could. 
Poor Jill had to wait a couple times while I insisted on staying in that bathroom until Iz did his business. 
But guess what?! Mommy WON! =)
After that hard day (and it was a really hard day), it was just a matter of us remembering that he had to go... 

He of course has had a bunch of accidents (some pretty messy ones too lol) but since I am a bit behind on blogging I can tell you that as of now, we are pretty much accident free =)
I am so proud of him! 


The hardest part for me in potty training Izaac was honestly figuring out, HOW TO GET HIM TO PEE AND NOT MAKE A HUMONGOUS MESS!

We started with the little frog potty and within two days it was gone because it was just too shallow for him standing OR sitting.
Then we tried the little cushion thing that goes on top of the big potty... but that was gone within a matter of days too, because it just wasn't working! It still made a big mess.

Here is this little boy ready and willing to pee and peeing!... and it was still a GIGANTIC mess! 
Grrrr!

LOL. Well he is now finally just sitting on or standing at the big potty and we finally have learned a few tricks hehe. So I can also now say, that he is no longer spraying himself, me, the walls, the floor,... (pretty much everything you can think of) anymore! (well at least not all the time...lol)

So far so good!


Way to go Iz Piz!!
So long diapers!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts