10 Hours There and BACK!

FIRST COX FAMILY TRIP!!!
UTAH NOVEMBER 2011!

This was a really fun trip! I have a couple favorite parts and it will be those that I choose to share. The first was the first drive to Vegas (we stopped there on the way to Utah). We left around 5pm on a Thursday and Lexi passed out for good after the first 2 hours, leaving just me, Jimmy, and the road. It was amazing. We had just gotten our new car and the night sky was very romantic and we were both just so happy. so We had a really nice time. We talked about everything, listened to great music, laughed alot, and held hands almost the entire time. It was just what we needed. I felt really young again and it reminded me of times driving with Jimmy in high school.
He used to come along with me for most of my designated driving trips and it would always be around 1-2 in the morning and we would do the same thing... laugh, talk, hold hands, and kiss at the red lights =)

Vegas interrupted our peaceful trip though lol as the line was huge at circus circus, causing Lexi to wake up and then when we got to our room, the room next to us was playing music so loud it sounded like we were actually playing it in ours. So that was an adventure. But eventually we all fell asleep and were back on the road in the morning.

My second favorite part was the next day when we got dinner with two of my best friends from college, Jill and Ana. Ana's husband joined us as did Jimmy and Lexi and we ate cafe rio at Ana's house. Oh my goodness! It was so fun to be back together with these girls. I was laughing so hard. I miss them alot.

My next favorite part was breakfast at the Ketchesons. I love this family to pieces. Their home is absolutely beautiful and it is exactly decorated to how I want my home to be like some day. Lexi had her own room which was amazing since I can NOT really sleep in the same room with her... don't know how other parents do it! and everything was so nice, especially breakfast. We had waffles and it just felt like being back home. It was so nice to see Tommy and Holly there too. They are so in love and it's very cute =)

Last, was well of course... the game!!!! IT WAS COLD!!! but so much fun! I decided I can complain and be bitter about freezing to death or I can scream my head off and have some fun and oh man Jimmy and I did just that! We had alot of fun yelling and screaming and watching the game. I am so grateful to have family events like this. I felt so incredibly blessed as I looked around and saw my family watching the game and having a great time too. I love our family =) There was also a moment when I took Jarek to get some snacks that I will never forget. And I'm sure to most it will sound insignificant but for some reason it really struck me.

Jarek and I were waiting in line at the stand to get snacks and hot cocoa when Jarek really struck me as so cool and grown up. We both realized we had obviously went in the slowest line possible as many people were coming after us and leaving before and Jarek made a funny little joke about it. But it wasn't a kiddish joke but honestly something Jimmy or Karen would say. This made me laugh. He wasn't a kid anymore really, more like a friend. Then as we were going back to our seats, I passed our entrance and Jarek was one, smart enough to notice, and two, again, told me in a funny little way that made me just stop and be happy. It made me love Jarek even more and I absolutely love the person he is becoming. 
See told you, you probably wouldn't think it was significant =)

Anyways... here are some pics by me and Tevia, my lovely photograper =)

Before going to the game

Morning waking up in Circus Circus


Rest stop on the road. Jimmy is giving Lexi some chap stick...
She is naked because she was so hot in those fleece jammies!

At the Ketchesons!

Holly's apartment.. just hangin out

BYU fans all the way!!

Night at Vegas

At the WILK

GAME TIME!

BYU baby!!! =) Go Cougars!!

Tired

Thumbs up ready to go! Let's go home!


On the road, sleepin like an angel


Cheering! Thank goodness for sports!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts