Izaac James


He is here!! Exactly one week ago, yesterday, our sweet little Izaac entered our lives. And he is more than everything I could have hoped for. I just am so in love with him.

The Birth Story:

It was last Wednesday that I had my regular doctor appointment and I was somewhat more nervous/excited because that previous week, the nurse practitioner and I had talked about stripping my membranes this next time to kind of move things along. Also, I was meeting with my new doctor for the first time. Rebecca officially was gone.

Also, for the record, I honestly had a feeling that this baby was coming and SOON. I really just did. In fact when I dropped Lexi off at Jake and Cari's, who was staying there till later that night because Jimmy and I had a class at the Academy together, I brought the bag for her if I was to go into labor. My brother Jake thought I was crazy...

Anyhow, I went to my appointment and it took forever. Both in the waiting room and the other one. Talk about suspense lol. Well, turns out the waiting was well worth it. For one, I LOVE this new doctor. Her name is Dr. Heard-Vaghn and she is seriously fantastic! She is from Detroit and was just so down to earth and nice. And two, I told her that we had talked about stripping my membranes and she told me that was totally fine, if it was what I wanted.

So as she checked me and found out I was 4cm dilated, she was like, "So what do you think?" and I just said, ya lets do it! Holy mother. Not the most pleasant experience. Then, or after lol. I started having cramps immediately after and they just continued to get worse. But this honestly made me excited. I just knew he was on his way. Bless the doctor for letting me do it!

So of course, of all nights we had the family class at the Police Academy that night. Meaning, I was to accompany Jimmy and hear about what the life as a spouse would be when he would become a cop. And I was actually excited about this because I thought it would be really interesting. However, now I was more just nervous. Why? Well because an hour or so before we left, I was having contractions. Nothing consistent but they would not go away. Was my water going to break in front of everyone?!?!

We almost didn't go. But I knew it was very important for both of us and so I decided to be a trooper. Oh my goodness. Longest 4+ hours of my life. Not only was the class ridiculously boring ( a power point presentation... I felt like I was in a high school history class) but my contractions were now coming closer together and were getting more and more strong. AND we were in the front row.

Yes, I had to sit there in front of everyone for 4 hours, while having lovely contractions =)

When the class was finally over and I got up, it was almost impossible to walk. I literally had to waddle and slouch. It hurt pretty bad. So when we got to the car, I thought maybe we should go to the hospital. I was still having contractions, however they weren't quite consistent yet, but I also did not want to pick up Lexi and then go into labor two hours later and have to bring her back. We were in a pickle....

So we went to the Lord and said a prayer. That things would either get better or worse. And it didn't take long to get an answer =). They got way worse in minutes. The contractions now were coming every 3-4 minutes consistently. Luckily for us, we had everything we needed for the hospital and Lexi was already at Jakes (I told you, I just knew!) so we didn't even have to go home, we just went straight there.

Jimmy dropped me off and GEEZ it took forever to get signed in. I just wanted to keep screaming, UM I'm in labor, can you ask me our social security numbers LATER? Lol but in all due time I got into one of the triage rooms, got dressed, and then got checked. I was still only 4 cm, but my contractions were clearly 3 minutes apart so the nurse told me to go walk for an hour.... which lets just say was hard.

But Jimmy was a sweet heart and we had fun walking the hospital grounds. We got some food, went to the nursery, walked outside and up the stairs to the roof, and just made the rounds. We also went to the Chapel and said another prayer that our little boy would come.

Again, our prayers were answered in a way that we wanted because when I got checked again, I had moved up to 5 cm and things were looking good. So they admitted us and got us in a labor and delivery room which was SO nice! Way better than the one at Arrowhead. Jimmy was so happy because there was a couch.

It was around 2 in the morning at this point and we were both exhausted. I was doing okay with the contractions but thought, you know, if I get the epidural, then I can take a nap lol. This sounded great, so I just did it. And soon afterwards, we both fell sound asleep. The nurse actually let me sleep till 6am! So it was great that I got some rest!

At that point I was 7cm and 100% effaced. That is when it hit me. After all this time, it didn't really hit me that we were going to have a baby until then. I guess I was just caught up in what to do with Lexi, the contractions, and sleep. I got pretty emotional lol. I just couldn't believe he was coming. We were going to be a family of 4. This was it!!

They had me call Rebecca but she didn't answer, which was okay. In seriously about 20 minutes, maybe less, I was at 10. Dr. Heard-Vaghn came immediately and the process of the pushing began! It was way easier this time. And 20 minutes later, Izaac James was here. I couldn't help but cry when they placed him in my arms. We had a son. We had TWO kids!

It was an amazing experience. And I could not be more filled with joy. I seriously feel like the most blessed person on earth.

Welcome to our family Izaac. We are going to love you forever!

I'll post more pics later!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts