True Love

It'd hard to not get all mushy and cheesy when I talk about my hubby. So, if you don't like cheese or mush, you may want to skip this one =)

This past month Jimmy and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary and I honestly still could not be more sure of him and the choice that I made 5 years ago, to kneel down with him at the alter in the Lord's house and be sealed to him for all time.

He truly is the love of my life and the one that I want everything with. And it just is the most amazing and extraordinary feeling to know that I do and will have everything with him. Sometimes (like now) it just makes me cry, thinking about just how blessed I am to have this man in my life.

This last year especially has been amazing for us. Such a growing year. I feel closer to him than ever. New baby, new job, new house, new town. It's just made for a powerful bond in our family.

It's hard to imagine anything more bonding than watching a new born baby come into the world together, that you have created together as husband and wife. Especially one that you have planned and waited for. And once again, we were blessed with that opportunity this year.

I will never forget looking at my sweet son's face for the first time and feeling such a sweet and pure love from up above, but I will also never forget looking up into my dear husband's eyes,  because in that moment I just fell in love with him all over again.

He has pushed me, challenged me, strengthened me, and supported me. I feel like I could do anything with his love and encouragement.

It just doesn't matter how much time we spend apart because we really are always together in spirit. I know he is always thinking of me and the kids and that brings me so much happiness and peace.

I get so excited knowing that we still have eternity to go. I love that we grow together, that my successes are his and his are mine. I love that he knows my inner soul.  He knows me more than anyone but our Savior and Heavenly Father. And I trust him with every fiber of my being.

It amazes me as every year passes, just how much stronger you can get. It is ongoing. The bond never plateaus. Even the hard times, allow for monstrous strides. As long as you want to go forward together, you will and you do.

I love you Jimmy. I love that you were my best friend at 16 and that we have formed a foundation that is literally impossible to shake. You are the best part of me. And I had an amazing night celebrating our last 5 years of marriage with you. (We had a take out picnic in our basement).





I think it's safe to say that my life started the day I was sealed to you.

Happy 5 and to many many more!



Comments

Popular Posts