Lexi Girl

(Get ready for an overflow of blogs cuz that's what's on my list today!
-And I actually started THIS one on the first or second week of January... lol)



I always do a monthly update on Izaac but realized I don't with Lexi, which is so dumb because she too is growing, changing, and hitting so many milestones! So I thought the start of the year (okay January may be over....now) was a perfect time!

Where to start?!?! Lexi truly is amazing all around and is definitely not that very hard and stubborn baby girl any more. She honestly has grown into such an easy, sweet, playful, creative, and ATHLETIC, little girl. 

Though, I have to say I think my favorite thing about her right now is how she can communicate SO WELL!! (okay at least at home....)
I seriously, can't say it enough, how much I LOVE communicating with this girl! I love that she understands such big concepts now, that she can follow several different directions, and that she can answer back in sentences! 
She also talks back to Dora which is also just adorable.

I constantly find myself just picking her up and squeezing her because of a new word or sentence. It is just TOO cute!

***Sigh***

And she truly is understanding what is right and wrong and is at a point where she really does not want to do wrong! She will listen (most of the time of course...) the very first time she is told something and it makes us so proud! Plus she is terrified of getting spanked... which helps =)

The only thing she STILL struggles with is her attachment to me. She is VERY sensitive and shy and in unknown situations she still likes to be cuddled by her mama, which most of the time, is actually very endearing.  The only time it gets frustrating is when Izaac wants attention at the same time. Then it gets tricky...

But she has made tremendous strides! She actually loves nursery now (she literally has THE best teacher ever!) and by Thursday she is asking to go to church so she can go. 
AND she will get down from my lap at play dates now! and wait for it......

play for the majority of the time!
And the whole time if it's at our home. Just last Saturday night, she stayed downstairs with the other kids while I stayed upstairs with Ashley! Ahh growth!!

Here's her current favorites:

Food: Pizza
Snack: Chips or Apples
Book: Happy Easter Mouse!
Song: "Monkeys on the Bed"
Color: Purple
Game to play: Catch
Thing to do: Jump
Show: Little Bear and Dora are tied 
Movie: Nemo and Monsters Inc are the only ones she will sit for more than 5 minutes
Toy: Her vacuum... she even puts it to bed (okay, she actually puts everything to bed, including crayons)

Some other facts:

-Loves to paint
-Is literally obsessed with socks... it's not uncommon to see her with 7 socks on each foot. We think she is just psyched she can put them on and off herself
-Can make toast by herself... gets mad if you "do it" for her
-Her jobs are picking up her toys, clearing the utensils from the dishwasher, putting some of "her" groceries away, and washing windows
-Like mentioned before, she puts EVERYthing to bed. For example, her princess pez was face down, snuggled between two bubble wrap sheets on the window sill today.
-Has to kiss her brother and give him hugs before he goes to bed
-LOVES to sit on the counter now when I am baking or cooking ANYTHING
-Loves taking walks
-Keeps "cookies" in her purse... they're really socks, undies, or toys but she calls them cookies and always offers them to everyone at least 8 times a day
-Loves pretending to cook in her play kitchen and with the legos, she is especially good at making sandwiches (always puts a skinny piece in the middle of two bigger ones)
-Is 100% potty trained during the day. Hasn't had ONE accident in her undies since we got rid of the pull ups last November
-Is terrified of the real vacuum and will climb higher grounds as soon as it is heard or even spotted
-Actually likes to get her hair done
-Insists on dressing and undressing herself
-LOVES juice still
-Is amazing at catch, even with smaller balls
-Everytime she falls or gets hurt, she immediately gets up and says, "it's ok"
-And is still climbing and jumping off of everything =)

Love you Lex!!!












Comments

Popular Posts