Little Gymnast!


Okay so one of the first things that I looked up in Cottonwood, before we moved, was to see if there was a gymnastics center...

and there was!

And I have been wanting to take Lexi for a really really long time! And ahh the time finally came!

It's called Flip City and they offer two classes for Lexi's age.

A "Mommy and Me" and a "TumbleBees". The first is obviously still with a parent and the second is for three year olds on their own.

Well, I didn't want to pay for a class where I had to accompany Lex because it just didn't make sense to me. So, they told us that after Lexi was potty trained for good, that we could do a trial run at the "Mommy and Me" class and the teacher could decide if she was ready to be on her own and attend the "TumbleBees".... even though she is only 2 and a half. Since he is the teacher for both.

We found out this wasn't exactly true.

Before the class even began the teacher told me that he didn't do that anymore because there were too many "angry" parents who weren't allowed the same privilege, so he stopped allowing younger guys in, all together.

Oh well....

But we stayed for the free trial and it was actually a blast! It's really a free for all and so he lets the parents take their kids to whatever and is there for a couple activities and to just help if anyone wants some "coaching".

So Lexi (being the anti-social girl that she is) actually loved this. She loved going from each apparatus to the next and seeing what she was capable of without sticking to a group or being watched by others.

And oh my goodness! I was in heaven.

And because I am a mommy and because this is my personal blog, I can brag and oh, I will!!

Lexi was AWESOME!!! Seriously, she is way talented. She truly is.

The other kids her age were not even close to where she was at. She was hanging alone, putting her feet up (by herself!) on the bars while she hung there, jumping on the beam like it was nothing, jumping off of all these high mats, when most of the kids would go down on there bellies. Ah! She was just AWESOME!

And she was doing flips on the trampoline like no big deal! She would "try" to do it in the air, but they really were just somersaults but oh man... GO LEXI!

In-fact I had lots of people come up to me and ask me how old she was and how cute and awesome she was!

On the ride home we stopped and got some french fries and a smoothie. Such a fun night!

So, we will be going again every once in a while until she turns three, when we will put her in that "TumbleBees" class.

SO SO FUN!!!
Love my little Lex!











Comments

  1. Just like mommy! It must be so exciting to have her be able to put all that strength and energy to good use. And it's always the best hearing great things said about your kids.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts