Fishing at Dead Horse Ranch
Basically over a month ago (way behind in the blogging world) we went to Dead Horse Ranch Park near our house in Cottonwood, to go fishing and have some lunch with Jake, Cari, and their kids.
And we had a lot of fun. I really like this park. I think it's beautiful and it's really close to us which is awesome. We are really hoping to camp there this month and I can't wait!
Anywho, since I don't have a fishing pole or license, (one day, one day cuz I actually really want both!) I mostly just followed my children and everyone else around and took pictures, which I honestly absolutely love to do.
It was fun to watch Jake and Cari with their kids fishing, and it was fun to watch the other kiddies just play in the dirt. Izaac really is amazing outdoors. I LOVE that I can just set him down and let him just do his thing. Though at one point.... he did get into the dead fish bucket and drenched himself in it from head to toe, which was just wonderful.
It was also adorable to watch Zizah keep trying to put the dead fish back in the water. At one point she got pretty infuriated that she was not allowed to do this. Hehe it was awesome.
We had cheeseburgers, some of the caught fish, and some other good stuff for lunch and I thought it great.
Towards the end though, both our kids were tired beyond belief and hot, so I pulled them out of there about a half an hour earlier than everyone else, since everyone else was just fishing and my kids just weren't into it.
It was funny because literally before we even left the park roads, both kids were sound asleep. It was a very good day and I hope to do it again soon!
I remember lying there on my back on the blanket in the grass and just looking up at the sky and thinking, "This is the life".
It really is =)










Comments
Post a Comment