Goodbye New York

The last couple days in New York were bittersweet. 
So fun, excited to be reunited with daddy again, and yet sad knowing it was all coming to an end. 

That Saturday we went to the Dutchess County Fair. 
I know most people don't like these dirty crowded things, but I do lol

I love the grossly fried foods, the cotton candy, the games, and the ferris wheel. It all just looks so fun!
We went with Grandma and Grandpa and made an afternoon of it. 

At first Lexi was a little bit reluctant to try anything. The first thing she went on was this car ride and even though she didn't look scared or cry... she wasn't exactly smiling and laughing either lol


But then she saw the big slide and well, it was love at first sight. Mommy went with her first and then because she loved it so much, Grandpa and Grandma were nice enough to both take turns with her too. 
She loved it more each time. 






Then Grandpa took her on the carousel. She liked this too! Though at one point, I think she got a little bit nervous about falling off her horse.



And then we got some yummy treats. Funnel cake, lemonade, and cotton candy!




Next we all went to the petting zoo. Izaac liked this part the best






That night I went out again with Karen while mom and dad stayed home and watched Frozen with the kids. Again, it was so much fun being with Kare.

The next day me and the kids went down to Peekskill right after church.
We went to Aunt Claudia's house and it was seriously such a fun afternoon. 

We had an amazing Italian lunch, they took the kids and let them play in the hot tub, which they both loved, and it was so nice just hangin' out and talking. 









It was so hard to say goodbye, since it was the last time we were going to see Jimmy's family. 

I love that last picture of Christina and the kids. You can just feel how much she loves them.

That night when we got back home, Grandma and Grandpa played some music and played and danced with them.

It was so cute to see how much the kids loved this!










Monday was our last full day in New York. We relaxed, packed, and still did a couple fun fun things. 

We got Adam's again for lunch and had a picnic outside on the deck. 







Later, me and Lexi went and met an old friend Mandee and her niece, Paige at Jackson park. 
Lexi and Paige had a great time playing together and it was so nice catching up with Mandee.


 And then that night I did some errands and got ready to go head back. Oh! And Christina and Nona stopped by one last time! Hehe, I had a feeling that they would =)

**********************************************************

Now, I probably would have posted a separate blog about the trip home but now that it's July, I'll just cut it short. 

The trip home (just me, with a one year and two year old) was actually pretty great. 
Exhausting but way better than expected.

Mom stayed with us until we got on the plane and then we sat next to the nicest lady ever on the ride home.
She was a grandma and was just so understanding and nice.
We actually chit chatted a lot during the ride

The only major bump was a freak out from Izaac mid way during his nap, he woke up and freaked out for a good 10 minutes. At this point, I wanted to just die.

But after ten minutes, he fell back asleep for about another 30 minutes and woke up all smiles. 
So he didn't sleep very long, but honestly it was harder with him sleeping! Because while he was asleep I honestly could barely move an inch and I was just on pins and needles, worried that he was going to wake up!
So it was actually really nice when he was just awake.

 The thing that saved my life this trip though, was this water color notepad that Nona gave Lexi.
You put water in this little pen and then that's all you need to color it. No mess.

Lexi played with this notepad, seriously for 3 hours nonstop. No exaggeration. 
She colored this one page over and over and over again. (After about 10 minutes, the color fades, so that you can color it again.

And so, with her doing that, I was able to keep Izaac occupied. He stayed really good but there was literally never even a second that I felt relaxed lol
I was constantly finding a new toy, gadget, or snack that would keep him happy.

Though, in the end it got a little bit easier when he became transfixed with stickers. I would put one on his hand and he would play with it for about 3 minutes. So I did that like 80 times =)

We had to use the bathroom ALOT too haha but we made it work. We would all just cram in there.

And even though it was tiring, I would do it again in a heart beat. 

New York, you are just worth it!

And it was so awesome seeing our Jimmy again! 

Well, till we meet again New York! Thanks Mom and Dad for everything!!!

Comments

Popular Posts