The BEST missionaries EVER!

Oh boy! I am so behind on blogging and I want to desperately just post a thousand pictures in one blog to catch up so I can blog in the current realm again, but then I think about some things and I just can't because they deserve they really  deserve their own.

~Sigh~

Anyways, this one is about the missionaries.  Seriously, the two best companions ever!
Elder Taylor and Elder Johnson

After we first moved here Jimmy was working nights. So he rarely was able to make it to church on Sundays.
Ergo, we asked the missionaries to join us once a week so that we could still have a spiritual moment in our home as a family that didn't rely on just us (since we knew if it did rely on just "us"... there would probably be a lot of weeks that we would miss)

With the missionaries coming, it forced us (maybe that's a poor choice of a word) to sit down and invite the spirit in our home and talk about the Gospel each week. 

And we are SO glad we did this because...

1. They really did bring the spirit into our home each week and teach us something each time and 
2. They actually became our dear friends

These two companions actually stayed in the area together for over 6 months! How lucky are we?!?! 
For almost 5 of the those months we got to sit down with them each week

We actually got so close to them (they started coming for dinner each week and then would give us a lesson) that one of the nights before their later transfer days we had some people over for dessert to say goodbye just in case...turned out they stayed that time tho! hehe 

but then the next time for transfers we weren't so lucky. 
Oh well. We knew it had to happen eventually. They actually found out the day before we left for New York and came over that night for a finally farewell and to take some pictures. I am glad they did. 

They seriously worked SO well with each other and we just loved their company. We still miss their dedication to our family, their hard work, and their amazing spirits and look forward to keeping up with their lives.

They definitely inspired and uplifted our family and I am so so grateful for that!

Missionaries are so amazing in all that they do!


Thanks so much elders! 

Comments

Popular Posts