Best Thing on Earth

Ever since I could remember, I wanted to be a mom. And now that I am a mom, it has surpassed all my expectations.

Because being a mom really is the best thing on earth. 
Of course, I don't have perfect children and of course I make hundreds of mistakes, probably daily, but my life is full. I feel full. 

And I know it's because I am raising two beautiful children. 
And I am honored to be their mother.

Mother's day this year was pretty awesome. 

The week leading up to it, I got a box delivered to the door. At first I was shocked beyond shocked because my initial thought was that this box of flowers was from Jimmy. 
Come to find out though, that it was actually from his sisters, Crystal and Amanda.

I have to say I actually got a bit teary that they had thought about me and sent me flowers. 
I still just can't believe how amazing my sister in laws are. I seriously hit the jack pot.

For Mother's Day weekend, we ended up going down to Phoenix. At first I was a little bummed because I really love our ward and didn't want to miss it on Sunday, but it ended up being really nice. 

Right off the bat on Sunday, I woke up to Lexi with her hand made card, ready to wish me a Happy Mother's day. I mean my day was already made in the first 5 seconds. To know that my daughter was thinking of me, waiting for me, and wanting to acknowledge me, without being forced or pushed, was just the sweetest feeling ever.

Then later in the morning, Jimmy surprised me with flowers and a gift card to my favorite restaurant ever, the Cheesecake Factory! It was such an amazing surprise. 

We played games all afternoon and then for dinner we all went over to Mom and Dad's for some burgers. It all looked super cute and I thought it was fun having us all together for dinner.

Thanks Mom for hosting us all.

I am so grateful for my mom. She is my best friend. And I wouldn't want it any other way.
I hope and pray that Lexi and I will have the same kind of relationship. 

My mom has done more for me than I think anyone ever will
(Jimmy comes close...but she still takes the cake)

It's amazing feeling to know that she will always be there, no doubt, ever.
So thank you mom, for giving me everything that you have, for letting me call you a million times a day, and for showing me what a mother's true love really feels like.

Here is Lexi's card from that morning.


And pictures from before Church



And some of the beautiful flowers I got that week



And here (my favorite part) is a little synopsis of how the kids see me right now =)





Comments

  1. Mom's are the best. Your kids are lucky to have a mom that was excited to be a mom before she was ever a mom. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts