Humbled to the Core

We had so many fun plans for this December. And we were going strong until... the flu attacked and I swear on my life, it literally almost killed me.

I have never felt or been that sick in my entire life. This flu, I am not kidding, felt like a death sentence.

 It also was so much worse because it came at the greatest time of the year. For two weeks straight, we would wake up and have to cancel another one of our December/Christmas plans. For me, I was only on my death bed for about 3 days. But when I say death bed, I mean it. I literally could not move or sit up unless it was because I had to vomit. My whole body hurt and it was nearly impossible to sleep. It was also almost impossible to even watch a movie or a show. You literally just layed there wanting to die. Ughh I wouldn't wish those three days on ANY one. Luckily, after the 3-4ish days of death, even though I still felt lousy, I was able to move around again.

The kids all got it too (and not with just the flu).

Izaac started feeling sick the day we went to the train park. And woke up the next day feeling 10 times worse. Of course, all of us just thought, he'd be better in a couple days... Not even close.

He missed that entire week of school. And was STILL sick after the whole week had gone by. His story in a nut shell was that he had the flu but then it turned into pneumonia. Which is what we found out yesterday at the doctor's. Two whole weeks he was sick. Poor thing.

Lexi started feeling sick about a day or two after Izaac. And she seemed way worse. Finally on day 6, I took her in. Sure enough, she had the flu which honestly wasn't a surprise. BUT luckily for her, no ear infections or pneumonia. She was sick for about 10 days.

Zave also got sick. He of course, was way harder to deal with too, because when he had to throw up, it didn't matter where he was... Then he had a night that was absolutely awful. Around 5-6 at night, he started tugging at his ear and crying/whining. It was obvious that he probably had an ear infection. But unfortunately, it was too late to take him to the doctor. And oh my gosh. It got so bad. He literally screamed for most of the night. He would fall asleep for like 20 minute intervals and then he would wake up shrieking. Finally, at about 3 am he fell asleep for good. It was so hard. When I took him in to the doctor the next morning, the doctor said that the eardrum had burst and that the other one was about to.
I think it's a miracle that he didn't have a seizure.

Jimmy didn't get sick. Praise the heavens. He said he didn't feel normal, but he never actually got sick sick. So for the couple days that I was indisposed, he was the real MVP. 

Anyways, the last two weeks have humbled me to my very core. For one thing, the flu is real and can kill you lol. For two, the matter what happens or what doesn't happen, Christmas is Christmas and the celebration of Christ is the only thing that truly matters and nothing can or will ever replace that. 

It honestly reminded me of the Grinch in how the matter what you take away, that you cannot stop Christmas from coming.

Butttttt luckily for us, we literally started feeling better Christmas Eve which is today lol.

And I could not be more grateful.



Comments

Popular Posts