New Year's Eve

 




It was an interesting new years eve over here lol

First, like usual, Jimmy had to work. And the matter how hard I try not to be, it still makes me sad every single New Year's Eve. I just wish he could stay home with us.

Anyways, right around the same time that we said goodbye to Jimmy, Grandma and Grandpa came over with my Uncle Mike (my mom's brother). It was fun to have my uncle visit. He's such a wonderful man and I think he is one of the kindest people out there. And of course, the kids loved that their grandparents came over. They were bursting with extra energy too because of the holiday spirit and the fact that they weren't little sicklings anymore.

We made empanadas again for dinner this year which I think is becoming a fun tradition. We also had a bunch of other yummy stuff too and Lexi made cookies later on in the night too. 

My parents and my uncle didn't stay all the way until midnight and so by 9, it was just me and the kids lol which is becoming quite the norm but even though I really really miss Jimmy being with us, I don't mind ringing in the new year with just my three babies at all. If anything, it makes me feel so grateful that I got to spend a whole nother year as their mama. They bring me so much joy and making memories with them is what I am most excited about in the new year. It was nice to be able to sit there with them too, cuddling on the couch, and talking about all of our favorite parts of 2019. We had some incredible times. 

Zave fell asleep at about 10. He actually lasted longer than I thought he would. And then Izaac fell asleep about 10 minutes before midnight haha. We woke him up though and even though we were all so tired, and it was COLD outside, we still even did some sparklers in the back yard before we went to bed. Zave even joined us!

Goodbye 2019! You were amazing to us!

















Comments

Popular Posts