Ice Skating (in Palm Trees)

So no.... obviously we weren't skating "in" actual palm trees lol but we were skating with them all around us which I just thought was just so pretty and fun!

Another thing we didn't get to do last month (because we were sick) was ice skate in the Christmas rink down in Phoenix.

But I have to say, it really kind of worked out perfect because we ended up getting to go all together as a family AND this rink was actually much closer, and it had all these palm trees! I thought it was awesome lol

Plus all the Christmas decorations were still out!

The kids had a really good time too. At first both of them, especially Izaac, was frustrated that they couldn't be professional skaters in a matter of minutes. BUT after a good 5-10 minutes both kids were doing pretty good. They also each had this spark ignite in them. They were both determined to get better and better. In fact, Lexi literally skated until the very last possible second. It was actually beautiful to watch her skate as the sun went down.

I love that all my children have this motivation and determination instilled them. It's such a redeeming quality and I just am so proud of them for never wanting to ever give up.  I mean, they must have fallen like a 100 times and they still would just get back up and try again.

Oh! And Grandma was with us. Which is always a bonus =)

Afterwards it started to get dark and COLD. It was super pretty though. Since all of the Christmas lights were still up, it made for quite the magical feel.

We went over to this pizza place in the plaza and it felt so good to be out as a whole family again. Even with the toddler that wouldn't sit still.....


















Comments

Popular Posts