Happy Thanksgiving!!!
We got to have the big feast at our house this year which I was actually really really excited and grateful for. Namely because Jimmy started work at 6pm so doing it at our house meant that I could enjoy the feast with him. Thank you to all of our family for obliging. It meant so much to us!
It's kind of funny because when Jimmy and I were first married I bought a turkey roaster for our first Thanksgiving, thinking, "I wonder how many times we will use this". And so far we have used it 4 out of the 5 years, so I would say it's fulfilling its duty pretty well already. And just for fun, here is a picture of us 5 years ago on Thanksgiving!
Since we didn't get any of us "together" this year! We are so bad at pictures of us and all of us.... Oh well.
I had LOTS of help this year and I am so so grateful for that! Especially because Izaac kept us up the WHOLE night before. I was literally running on 2-3 hours of sleep and I don't think I could have done it without all the help.
Dad did the turkey, Jimmy did the mashed potatoes, and mom did whatever I asked her to do, so willingly. She is a saint. Holly did lots of things for me too. And Tevia brought these delicious rolls! Like I said, lots of help!
So thank you again to everybody!
It was so nice being with everybody, especially Tommy and Holly. It was the first time we got to see them this year! Their little Bex is absolutely adorable and it was SO fun for me to be able to get to know him a little bit more. I am so glad they made the trip down from Utah.
I had LOTS of help this year and I am so so grateful for that! Especially because Izaac kept us up the WHOLE night before. I was literally running on 2-3 hours of sleep and I don't think I could have done it without all the help.
Dad did the turkey, Jimmy did the mashed potatoes, and mom did whatever I asked her to do, so willingly. She is a saint. Holly did lots of things for me too. And Tevia brought these delicious rolls! Like I said, lots of help!
So thank you again to everybody!
It was so nice being with everybody, especially Tommy and Holly. It was the first time we got to see them this year! Their little Bex is absolutely adorable and it was SO fun for me to be able to get to know him a little bit more. I am so glad they made the trip down from Utah.
And of course it was so nice to be with Mom (and you too Dad). I really love my parents and the relationships that we have built.
As far as the actual dinner, it actually went pretty quick. Since Mom and Dad rented out a huge house in Sedona for all of us to stay at for the next two nights, we kind of hurried out of the house as soon as dinner was over. It was a little bit crazy for me.... having my house a disaster, having to pack up things for me and the kids, and having to say goodbye to my hubby since he couldn't come along.
But it ended up being pretty awesome! My kids were terrors when we first got to Sedona because they had both just woken up from a small nap in the car, but after about a half an hour, things calmed down and it was really really fun!
There were actually several different rooms, each with their own entrance at this big house, each of them having a different name and theme, and it was funny because me and the kids ended up in "Passion" with champagne glasses on the bed and rose petals. Made me laugh, since Jimmy wasn't even there. But because it was only meant for two, it was somewhat smaller than the others so it made more sense for us to stay in that one.
I liked it. It was nice and warm. And it was so nice waking up in the mornings and having everyone there. And getting to spend time with each of them throughout the day/nights. It was also awesome playing all the games.
It was also CRAZY because since we were in Sedona, Jimmy was able to come stop by, in HIS cop car, and by himself, since he had just finished his FTO. I can't even explain how crazy it felt to meet him at the car and see him come out, looking all sexy in his uniform. Ahhh. Love.
So it was a very happy Thanksgiving! I am so grateful for my family and all that I have. We are just so blessed.
From the morning of the big day
The Preparations
![]() |
| Ready to Go! |
| The turkey chef! |
![]() |
| So so yummy! |
![]() |
| Me with the party animal from the night before |
![]() |
| The kids table! |
![]() |
| The adults! |
![]() |
| Made this cute little turkey so everyone could share what they were thankful for! |
![]() |
| The finished product! |
Enjoying!
| Thought this was adorable |
| Hehe love this picture of them just chowing down |
Happy Thanksgiving!!!









You look like the perfect hostess~ Your family is growing and growing up!
ReplyDelete