First Camping Trip!


We decided that this year was going to be our camping year. And we couldn't wait to try out our new tent that we got!

Our original plan was to go somewhere with Jake and Cari for Hazel's spring break but then Jimmy had to go into court on the Monday we had planned to leave (guy was found guilty btw! yay!) and wouldn't be back until 3-4 that afternoon.

And because we have never been camping with Izaac before and Lexi hasn't been in a really long time, I felt hesitant to still go on Monday and set up camp near sunset and just expect them to go to bed in some weird place in a tent soon after we got there.

I was also way nervous about Izaac keeping fellow campers awake all night (because really.... who wants to hear a screaming baby all night??).

So I thought it sounded much better to start the trip off in the morning and enjoy the day before that anticipated night fall.

This changed everyone's plans a bit and we ended up going up to a place near Willow Springs Lake, in Payson, just the four of us. The place by the lake had snow on the ground lol and was actually closed, so we just went to a place a couple minutes near by.

I don't even remember the name. But our spot was gorgeous! It was about a quarter of a mile away from a cliff with a beautiful overlook. There were no bathrooms but there was a fire pit already established which was really nice.



And even though I missed my family, it was so refreshing and fun to just be with Jimmy and the kids! It was just awesome!

We got to the camp at about 1:30 in the afternoon and were done setting everything up by literally 1:45 lol




and so we had a nice long afternoon to just enjoy the outdoors! And we did. The weather was awesome and the kids absolutely loved just roaming around and playing in the dirt and sticks.








We don't have a camp stove yet so we just made bacon in the pan over the fire (Jimmy couldn't wait till morning) and cooked our hot dogs on sticks. It was a lot of fun.





And of course towards sunset, we roasted marshmallows with Lexi.

Haha who, liked to roast them, but still liked to eat them cold. Sill girl. Oh well, more toasted marshmallows for me! =)





Things got a little crazy after the marshmallows though, because well... it got COLD! lol really cold.
(No wonder why, there was NO one else there! =) )

Luckily I had brought hats and lots of warm blankets!



The kids did better than I thought! Izaac ended up sleeping with me for a few hours but he still slept. I was worried that if I held him he wouldn't go back to sleep but he did just fine. It was actually somewhat endearing to sleep next to him.

The next morning we broke camp early. It was just cold and the kids didn't want to play on the cold ground in the wind. So, we packed up and stopped to get a nice warm breakfast on the way home.

We really all had such a good time! We now want a bigger vehicle... ASAP lol it was somewhat of a mastermind game to get everything into our car, but we are so excited for lots more camping trips!

Some more pics!











Comments

  1. Poor little Izaac looks like a popsicle with his red nose and fingers. Glad you had a nice time even though it was cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO impressed that you packed it all into a little car! We did that one time with just Wyatt and it was crazy- like we were putting everything we owned into the thing. I can't imagine doing that with two kiddos! Looks like so much fun- I can't wait til its warm enough for us to go camping up here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts