Gymnastics: For Real

K so we have taken Lexi to several classes of gymnastics already, but just a bunch of the free trial ones. She even got to go to that one in New York last year! 

Anyways, we have been waiting for her to get just a little bit older to actually put her in a class for longer than well, you know, a day.... because well to put it simply, its freaking expensive. 

Mannnnnnnnnn was it an unpleasant surprise to me to find out that sports are NOT cheap. 

Well, luckily for all of us, Lexi's Christmas present from Grandma and Grandpa this year was paying for a session of Gymnastics here at Flip City in Cottonwood. 

We started her the first week in January and we have just been LOVING it!!

I was super nervous at first because for anyone that knows Lexi, she isn't one who deals with change or strangers all that well. She also is well... pretty darn attached to me still, but I just sat there and prayed and prayed as her coach called her over that she wouldn't break down and go into a panicked frenzy. 

And there she went, in her new little leotard, at least a foot smaller than any of the other girls in her class, looking back at me like, "Mom, I'm trusting you on this, and it better be worth it". 

But she did GREAT! She listened to her coach, she stayed with her class, and she gave so much effort into doing what she was asked. I'm pretty sure I was probably emitting rays of sunshine from my body as I watched her. 

Anyways, since then, she has remained to do so well. The second week, she has a minor freak out but we powered through, and now she is running around with friends before her coach even calls her class out and then gets in line with her class, no problem.

You can tell she feels secure and safe and just loves being there. 
It's cute too because since she really is the youngest one there and she really is small for her age, so everyone just awws at her because ok, she really is just the cutest! =)

And she actually is really talented. I'm not sure why this little girl is as strong as she is, (I mean, her diet is like 90 % juice), but she truly is the strongest little girl I have ever met and she continues to shock people as she does some of these things in that gym. 

She is also super super balanced. She literally runs, walks, and jumps across the beam like, "What, this is supposed to be hard?"

So the last month and a half have just been so rewarding to me to watch her. She definitely is in her element as a gymnast and I am hoping it can continue to be something that she loves to do. 



K, so I took a bajillion pictures of her the first day but those are now long gone now. Luckily, I have one saved that I had posted on Facebook of her first day with her first official "coach". 


And then here are  only two others! 
I want to take more every single time I am there but because no one else is I try to hold in my picture taking combustion (I am learning that maybe I really am one of those.... mothers)

Ehhh, oh well =)



After one of her classes



Yay for gymnastics!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts