Lake Powell 2015


At first I thought that going to Lake Powell every year, might get old. 
Ya.... 
I was wrong.

It's just too amazing. 
This was our third year going and I honestly already can't wait till next trip. 

It is just the coolest and most beautiful place.

Yes.... even with little kids =)

This year was actually pretty different from the previous years.
For starters, we stayed at a hotel the night before.
This was actually very nice. We weren't exactly sure how it would go but it ended up being awesome.
I think we will do the hotel thing the night before from now on.
It just feels like you have so much more time.

Here are a few shots from the hotel.




Another big difference this year was that there were way more people and we didn't have Bret and Tevia's family with us.
So the social dynamic was definitely different.
But I was surprised at the fact that even with all the extra people, it honestly never felt crowded to me so that was nice. 

Also the weather was CRAZY. 
I mean, it was... well crazy!



Usually it is just sunny and hot everyday. And maybe you just might get a quick storm one night. 

Well not this time.

It rained and stormed almost every single day AND night.
This one rain storm created all these little waterfalls that just poured down from the tops of all the cliffs.
It was pretty amazing to watch,

And because of all the storms and clouds, the temperature was way cooler this trip. 
This was both nice and ... not nice.

Nice in the fact that, sleeping in the tents was fantastic. And you weren't sweating puddles all day long. 
But not so nice in the fact that, as soon as you came out of the water... goosebumps erupted and you were found shivering until the sun popped back out or you got yourself dry.

This was especially hard because Lexi HATES being cold (Arizona baby through and through) and so she would complain every time she got out of the water. 

I also, don't enjoy being cold and so some times it was just nicer to opt out of getting all wet and cold altogether. So I missed being able to swim in peace more lol. 

It was also windy a bunch of times. 
However, luckily for us, Tommy and Martin helped secure our tent the first time it tried to blow away, and since then it held perfectly.


We have never done the camping/tent thing at Powell before, and I gotta say, I actually loved it. 
We were able to put our kids to bed before 8 almost every night which was AWESOME. And we didn't have to worry about the rain because everything, including us, were always covered =)

Here are some fun shots from in our tent.







My highlights of the trip this year were of course, wake boarding, watching my kids enjoy the water and sand, and playing games in the boat. 

Wake boarding is amazing. It was so much fun to be out there again, especially in the mornings with Tommy. It was nice having Martin there this trip too. He is incredible at it and so he was able to really help teach us all a lot. 







I can't wait till my kids start trying!

Speaking of them...


They both did pretty well. Lexi loved that water but again, would get frustrated when she would get too cold. She actually stayed in the boat quite a bit. She loved laying in the back room on the bed. She would say, "I am just going to rest now". It was cute.

Izaac hated the water of course. But he did enjoy the sand.
However, both kids got sick this trip, poor things.
They both had fevers and for 2 whole days just wanted to cuddle and sleep.
So I spent a lot of time in the boat with sleeping kids. We actually almost left early.But both kids woke up on Friday feeling a lot better so we got lucky.




Because of the sick kids and weird weather, I didn't take even half as many pictures as last year!
But here are some more that did get taken.
(A few are from Cari's camera too!)






























































It was another amazing trip.
Shout out to Jake and Dad to making it happen. 
Till next year, Riptide =)


Comments

Popular Posts