The Bubble Run

   About a week before the bubble run was taking place in Goodyear (maybe even less than that) I decided, it might be super fun to go. Cari and her two oldest kids were running it and then Bret and Tevia were going with Enok. It really hadn't crossed my mind to go ever because I had always just assumed I would be pregnant and would probably not be up for a 5k. However, that week before, I realized there was nothing stopping us from going. 

Jimmy couldn't go because of work, but I decided that me and the kids should go out on a whim and go for it. And then when I told my mom that we were gonna go, she decided to join us and go too. So I was super excited. 

And we had such a great time.

The kids weren't too thrilled in the beginning but after the first wave of bubbles, they were sold. 
We walked almost the entire way but there were a couple different times that the kids wanted to jog for a bit. And we also ran through the bubbles every time.

I borrowed a jogging stroller from my friend, Jenni and I am so glad I did. Now I know why people pay so much money for those things. They are like gliding on air. So different from a regular stroller. So it made it nice and easy to push, when the kids didn't want to run or walk themselves.

I was surprised at how tall some of the bubble waves were. The kids were completely submerged in 3 of the them! It was crazy! They told adults with smaller children that you had to hold on to their hands when going through the bubbles and it was definitely for good reason lol. The kids literally could have gotten lost or trampled in some of those bubbles!

It was fun to watch them run through the bubbles and to watch their eyes open wide as they would get through a big tall wave. It was also nice to get to chat and walk with mom.
 I am pretty sure we will go every year now and I am excited for Jimmy to join us next year!
















Comments

  1. Such a fun new tradition! Great photos of your cute kiddos, you, and your mom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts