It's a Good Life

As I sit here in bed I just couldn't help myself but pull up the blog on our Chromebook and start bragging. I mean how much better can it get?

We just came inside (it's the end of September so the weather outside couldn't be more perfect) from both a funny as well as impressive trick show put on by the kids with their bikes and scooter. And unfortunately for me my energy is just about shot. So like most nights at about 630, I turned in for a bit and succumbed to my bed for a tiny rest.

But as I sat down, I immediately heard music blasting from the other room and heard the kids start to dance, sing, and laugh together. I'm actually trying hard not to completely lose it. I just never realize just how amazingly blessed I am. And moments like this, humble me straight to the floor.

My kids are the best. 
My life is the best.

I think about the day. Buttermilk pancakes in the morning before school. The cutest little 5 year old girl in the cutest knee socks ever, kissing her three year old brother goodbye before we left. An, "I love you," and a hug before I left, and a quick glance at the beautiful school that Lexi gets to go to, with the mountains in the back ground.  

Not even before I can get out of the van at home, a super active, excited as can be, boy, running out into the garage waiting to give me the biggest squeeze of his life (after all, I was gone a whole 15 minutes). A good 20 minute wrestling match with my boy, trying so hard not to laugh as he performed so many "new moves". 

Smelling kielbasa and eggs after coming up the stairs from talking on the phone that morning. It really did smell heavenly. Hearing so much laughter you could just bust while cleaning the bathroom. 

Picking up Lexi from school and going out for ice cream and just staring at her cute innocent face and listening to her tell me all about school, about lunch, and about every thought going through her little head.

Coming home to find some time to lay in bed with my husband, my friend, before he left for work. Telling the kids to clean up with NO disputes at all and then to have pizza delivered straight to my door. 

A riveting game of sleeping queens with no tears after Izaac won. And then our lovely trick show out on the deck while it lightly rained. 

I just love the way I am feeling right now. I love how wonderful my kids are. None of us are perfect. Not a chance in the stars. But I am happy. I am grateful. And days like today make my heart just want to sing out like some obnoxious bird.

Comments

  1. I love you and your gratitude attitude, Kathy. Save this for the days when you need to remember... That's what I have done and still continue to do... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts