Our Four Year Old Iz
Izaac James you are now four years old!
And we just keep loving you more and more!
I feel like you have really grown up the last few months and so being four actually really suits you.
One of the biggest reasons you seem so old is the way that you talk. You could be in Kindergarten already without question. Not only do you talk in complete comprehensive sentences but you ask questions, you can joke around, and you love to tell us long imaginative stories. It's pretty dang cute.
You also can understand and listen to several directions at a time, explain why you did something bad, and your prayers are getting way more thought out.
Another reason why you have seem older than you are is simply because you are well, huge lol. You are such a big boy! Because of this, I still get asked EVERY time that I am out with both you and Lexi, if you two are twins.
You are also such a big helper to me, especially this past month.
Izaac, seriously, you have been amazing. The last few months of being pregnant with baby Zavier were pretty hard and you were so so awesome at helping mommy out. You really stepped up and learned how to do so much on your own.
Izaac, seriously, you have been amazing. The last few months of being pregnant with baby Zavier were pretty hard and you were so so awesome at helping mommy out. You really stepped up and learned how to do so much on your own.
In-fact because you are becoming so independent, sometimes I think that I wouldn't ever even know if you were in the house....
Psych.
You are just too dang loud for that to ever be possible!
Psych.
You are just too dang loud for that to ever be possible!
Izaac James, I think it's safe to say that you are the loudest little boy in the history of little boys. It doesn't matter how many times you are told to be quiet either. It's like physically impossible for you to do. It's just constant dinosaur sounds, fighting noises, booms, bangs, and plunks. I mean you play so so so well and mean absolutely no harm but man oh man, are you loud!
I think the phrase I say the most to you, unfortunately is, "Be quiet" lol
It's funny because even though you play so rough and tough, you are still such a cuddler! There is such a gentle and sensitive side about you. I think you get this from Daddy. You love to snuggle, especially when I stroke your hair or arm. You ask me to do it all the time. You will get your star or avenger blanket and ask if you can take a rest with me. And boy, you better believe that I say yes!
And right now Iz Piz, you are SO into sports! (Be still my heart)
This has always been something that I have been very excited for as a parent and so it just is the best hearing you talk about sports, having you watch sports with us, and watching you play sports yourself. You love them all. Soccer, basketball, football, baseball, you name it. In fact you got a tennis racket for your birthday because that's what you asked for.
You actually watched about half of the March Madness games with us.
And you are thrilled that you can finally start soccer in the Fall. I wish so much that we could let you start something sooner, but unfortunately you have to be 5 for almost everything up here in Cottonwood!
And you already have shown what an amazing big brother you are going to be. You are so so sweet with baby Zavier. You sing to him, you love to hold him, you love to stroke his head, and I have often come into the room to find you just staring and smiling at him. I should also state that you are such a great brother to Lexi too. You more often than not, let her pick what show you guys watch. You listen to so much of what she tells you to do. And you are so good at complimenting her. It's so cute. For example, if she wins a game on the DS you will tell her how great she did. I love it.
You still have some serious sass. Nope, still haven't nipped that in the bud yet...
That may be a wish that I have for you this year =)
You just love to rant when you are mad. And oh my goodness, it can be the hardest thing in the world to keep a straight face sometimes. It can also be hard for me not to over react. We both are getting better though at just having you go to your room to calm down.
And I should add that it comically only take you about .5 seconds to stop being upset.
EXCEPT... when it comes to clothes. Holy heavens child. This has definitely become our biggest battle. You have come to the point where you will literally down right refuse to wear something that you do not like. And if I make you put something on that you don't agree with, you will stay hidden in your room. This is something else that makes me laugh and makes me mad at the same time =) (because I care what you wear too)
You are such a joy to have in our home Izaac and fill a piece of our puzzle that we desperately need.
You make sure that we don't forget that a four year old boy is here. Mario, legos, trucks, trains, dinosaurs, Link, nintendo, fart noises, sports, potty jokes, ninja moves, superheros, I mean you are the poster child for everything BOY.
You are so sweet, imaginative, loud, determined, and hilarious Izaac, and we will never be able to get enough of you.
Here are the facts, favorites, and all that jazz.
I think the phrase I say the most to you, unfortunately is, "Be quiet" lol
It's funny because even though you play so rough and tough, you are still such a cuddler! There is such a gentle and sensitive side about you. I think you get this from Daddy. You love to snuggle, especially when I stroke your hair or arm. You ask me to do it all the time. You will get your star or avenger blanket and ask if you can take a rest with me. And boy, you better believe that I say yes!
And right now Iz Piz, you are SO into sports! (Be still my heart)
This has always been something that I have been very excited for as a parent and so it just is the best hearing you talk about sports, having you watch sports with us, and watching you play sports yourself. You love them all. Soccer, basketball, football, baseball, you name it. In fact you got a tennis racket for your birthday because that's what you asked for.
You actually watched about half of the March Madness games with us.
And you are thrilled that you can finally start soccer in the Fall. I wish so much that we could let you start something sooner, but unfortunately you have to be 5 for almost everything up here in Cottonwood!
And you already have shown what an amazing big brother you are going to be. You are so so sweet with baby Zavier. You sing to him, you love to hold him, you love to stroke his head, and I have often come into the room to find you just staring and smiling at him. I should also state that you are such a great brother to Lexi too. You more often than not, let her pick what show you guys watch. You listen to so much of what she tells you to do. And you are so good at complimenting her. It's so cute. For example, if she wins a game on the DS you will tell her how great she did. I love it.
You still have some serious sass. Nope, still haven't nipped that in the bud yet...
That may be a wish that I have for you this year =)
You just love to rant when you are mad. And oh my goodness, it can be the hardest thing in the world to keep a straight face sometimes. It can also be hard for me not to over react. We both are getting better though at just having you go to your room to calm down.
And I should add that it comically only take you about .5 seconds to stop being upset.
EXCEPT... when it comes to clothes. Holy heavens child. This has definitely become our biggest battle. You have come to the point where you will literally down right refuse to wear something that you do not like. And if I make you put something on that you don't agree with, you will stay hidden in your room. This is something else that makes me laugh and makes me mad at the same time =) (because I care what you wear too)
You are such a joy to have in our home Izaac and fill a piece of our puzzle that we desperately need.
You make sure that we don't forget that a four year old boy is here. Mario, legos, trucks, trains, dinosaurs, Link, nintendo, fart noises, sports, potty jokes, ninja moves, superheros, I mean you are the poster child for everything BOY.
You are so sweet, imaginative, loud, determined, and hilarious Izaac, and we will never be able to get enough of you.
Here are the facts, favorites, and all that jazz.
Favorite Color: All the colors except pink and purple
Favorite Animal: Lions and tigers
Favorite Food: Olive pizza
Favorite Store: Walmart
Favorite: Place to go: Grandpas
Favorite Snack: All the snacks
Favorite Sport: Basketball
Favorite Game: Fight
Favorite Thing to Do: Fight and play
Favorite Dessert: Vanilla Ice Cream with Sprinkles
Favorite Book: Pokemon Book
Best Friend: Mommy and Speed
You are now 39 pounds! (The same as your sister)
You and finally completely rid of your green blanky. We got rid of it shortly after you turned three.
You got a new avengers one for Christmas last year though and even though you don't eat this one... you are pretty attached
You are fascinated by bugs and lizards. Spiders and some bugs scare you a little but you love to just stare at them and you are now starting to kill them on your own!
You absolutely love to take baths and bring in new toys each time. You would stay in the tub for hours on end if I let you.
You ask us to play the Zelda theme song every time we are in the car and you hum it constantly
You will get dressed immediately after you wake up, You actually won't leave the room in your pajamas
You love to play video games. Rocket League is your favorite.
You are seriously obsessed with amibos.
You always have some sort of bruise or scratch on your face. It drives me bonkers. And makes us look like terrible parents... but you are too rough and fast for your own good and I swear, as soon as one mark heals, another one takes it place.
Which reminds me, you are also allergic to band aids.
One thing we love to watch you do is stare at the sun in the car. We will look back at you and you will just be smiling and squinting into the sun, haha it's pretty cute.
You love to be outside still and there have been so many mornings especially in the last month that you and Lexi are outside before 7 am.
You are without a doubt extremely tickilish
And you refer to yourself as Link boy.
Best Friend: Mommy and Speed
You are now 39 pounds! (The same as your sister)
You and finally completely rid of your green blanky. We got rid of it shortly after you turned three.
You got a new avengers one for Christmas last year though and even though you don't eat this one... you are pretty attached
You are fascinated by bugs and lizards. Spiders and some bugs scare you a little but you love to just stare at them and you are now starting to kill them on your own!
You absolutely love to take baths and bring in new toys each time. You would stay in the tub for hours on end if I let you.
You ask us to play the Zelda theme song every time we are in the car and you hum it constantly
You will get dressed immediately after you wake up, You actually won't leave the room in your pajamas
You love to play video games. Rocket League is your favorite.
You are seriously obsessed with amibos.
You always have some sort of bruise or scratch on your face. It drives me bonkers. And makes us look like terrible parents... but you are too rough and fast for your own good and I swear, as soon as one mark heals, another one takes it place.
Which reminds me, you are also allergic to band aids.
One thing we love to watch you do is stare at the sun in the car. We will look back at you and you will just be smiling and squinting into the sun, haha it's pretty cute.
You love to be outside still and there have been so many mornings especially in the last month that you and Lexi are outside before 7 am.
You are without a doubt extremely tickilish
And you refer to yourself as Link boy.
We all love you buddy!
Keep making us laugh, your silliness brightens all of our days!






Comments
Post a Comment