6 Years Too Old
Lexi girl, you are six years old. And as I sit here and write this on the night of your birthday, I can't stop blubbering like a baby.
I want you to know that I thank God every single morning and night for sending me you. You and me girl, were just meant to be.
Make no mistake though, it is without question, that you my dear, how can I put this?, can still be very hard sometimes.
But honestly though, I secretly kind of love the challenge (just don't tell anyone). You make me have to really work on being a better mother and even though most days I might not see it like that, in the long run, you Lexi girl, have really allowed me to grow and progress in countless ways that I really am so grateful for.
Whenever you read this, you might be thinking well how am I hard? Well girly, it's mostly because you can still be so whiney! It drives me up the freaking wall. You are very very emotional and sometimes it's very difficult for me to remain patient. But I am learning and so are you.
Aside from whining and crying more than you should though, you really are pretty dang amazing. I wouldn't even think of trading you in =)
Because seriously, you are incredible. For a thousand and one reasons.
You absolutely love to help me at home and it feels like a dream sometimes. It's like you just get it. You get that mommy has a lot to do sometimes and so when I do, you just want to help or you just want to be with me lol. Regardless, in your eyes we are a team and I LOVE it.
You want to learn so many things too. You will actually ask me to teach you things. For example, you'll ask me, "Mom, can you teach me how to use the the little brush and dust pan, so I can actually do it?" You are realizing that if I take a couple minutes to literally teach you something, that you can then in turn, have valuable information and do something the right way. I think this is so cool of you. I love that you want to learn and that you can understand that knowledge can be a very beneficial thing. These last couple months, you have learned quite a bit. And it is making my life a lot easier. I mean you can get chicken cutlets ready to go all by yourself now! I just put out the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs and you know exactly what to do!
Which brings me to my next thing! You Lexi girl, love to help in the kitchen! Your favorite jobs are still shucking corn, baking anything and everything, flipping pancakes or french toast, and mixing. You now love to peel vegetables too, especially zucchinis. Most of the time when I am in the kitchen making something or baking something, you are right there beside me, even if it's just to watch. So we are in the kitchen together a lot.
You also love to help with Zavier. This is something that may drive me crazy too sometimes though. You love to be loud near him, or be super super close, or hold him a little too long. I am constantly telling you to still be soft or quiet or to put him down. I love that you love him and want to help but I still can't trust you 100% with him and it's a little frustrating. But it's another thing that we are working on. =)
Let's see. You are still in gymnastics. Though we have missed quite a bit this summer. But your cartwheels are really improving and you are still enjoying it! It's still so fun for me to watch you. And it's a good chance wherever you are around the house, that you are upside down.
You're also still super strong. You have done phenomenal in the pool this year. And it was so fun to watch you knee board again at powell. I was kind of bummed because I really wanted you to try wake boarding but I didn't get a kids board on time!
You have become such a kidder! Your jokes, sarcasm, and stories continue to get crazier and crazier. You love to laugh and make us laugh. However, no one else has really seen this side of you except us at home or with Grandma and Grandpa but man! at home... you are seriously just constantly making jokes.
You still are a horrendous sleeper. Sometimes I feel like maybe you are some sort of super mutant that should be on X-men or something because you never need sleep. You still wake up at least once during the night and usually it's more like two or three times. Luckily, you just go back to sleep though (well after you wake me up of course). No more drama in the middle of the night. And it takes you forever to fall asleep in the first place. I still think I say, "I love you, goodnight, see you tomorrow" ten thousand times a week.
Oh, and you also wake up at the crack of dawn. Every. Morning.
No sleep. That's your motto lol.
You are finally starting to take a little bit more notice to what you look like. I swear last year, you didn't care one bit. But more recently you will glance in the mirror every now and then or you'll ask to have your hair done a certain way.
Lexi, I honestly could talk about you for hours on end.
You are already one of my very best friends. And I am so incredibly grateful that I get to have you in my life forever. I love our talks, our dates, our cuddles, our everything.
You smile at me or laugh and I can't help but smile or laugh back.
Here are your fun facts at 6!
Favorite Color: Pink and light blue
Favorite Animal: Bunny, panda, and butterflies
Favorite Food: Peaches and Cheeseburgers
Favorite Store: Dollar Store
Favorite: Place to go: The park
Favorite Snack: White popcorn
Favorite Sport: Swimming and gymnastics
Favorite Game: Simon Says
Favorite Thing to Do: Play with Mommy
Favorite Dessert: Cupcakes
Favorite Book: Three Billy Goats Gruff
Favorite Show: Horrid Henry
Best Friend: Mommy
Favorite Flowers: Roses
You weigh a whopping 40 pounds! ... just kidding! (about the whopping, not the 40 pounds) -You're definitely still on the smaller side lol For instance, a 5T sometimes can still be big on you. And your tiny feets are only size 10
You LOVE to be outside
You would swim for hours and hours and hours if we let you
You now wear glasses but are constantly forgetting them places
You love to dance especially to Madonna and currently Moana
You love to color and draw and you come up with the coolest ideas
You are the most ticklish person in the universe. We don't even have to actually touch you and you are already freaking out
You are still deathly afraid of cats
You still sleep with your green blanket and pink bunny
You are an extremely good big sister and play so well with Izaac
You are ridiculously fast
I swear your eyes get greener and greener every day
You are still VERY shy and VERY careful with who you open up to
You say that camping is the best thing ever
You adore both Grandma and Grandpa
You have this ridiculous weird thing about only drinking cold drinks
You love all babies and younger kids and it is very obvious that you have a very genuine nurturing side to you
You are so amazing Lexi Christine Cox. You make me and your dad so proud. You are so smart, so hardworking, so determined, so kind, so strong, so creative, and so special.
We love you.
More everyday.
Wishing you the best 6th year in the whole world.





Comments
Post a Comment