Some Fourth of July Fun
We started our 4th of July this year at the parade in Clarkdale. We have never been and I thought we should change that.
Jimmy also got home way way late the night before from working and so I thought it would be nice to get the kids out of the house so he could sleep with no noise too.
When we got to the right place, there was already lots of people lining the streets. And for some reason there was this bench that was wide open... which I thought was awesome haha. Well we learned later that it was only open because when the sun got a little higher, it was definitely not a shady spot =) but honestly I don't think any of us minded. It really wasn't that bad. And the parade only lasted about 30 minutes, if that. Plus the only one that really needed shade was Zavier and I just popped the stroller shade over him, so he was good to go. Little guy just slept the whole time.
The rest of us had fun watching the different people and trucks and cars pass by. The kids especially loved the people that threw candy at them. It's so funny that candy is such serious business in situations like this. To them, it was like picking up gold.
Anyways, I am glad that we went and I stood there proud as we all stood up when the police officers passed by. I just love that everyone got up and clapped.
It was fun to see the kids light up as the police officers passed by too. They were also proud I think.
It was nice to talk about our country on the way home and how we are a free land.
It's crazy that our kids are getting old enough to talk about things now.
After the parade was over we went home and bid daddy farewell. He started work earlier due to the holiday.
And then after he left, I took some pictures of the kids. Then we just relaxed and played all day.
It was nice.
We got pizza for dinner and then after that we got ready to go and see the fireworks!
We have never done this either but I was just on a roll and I figured I shouldn't stop!
So we all got ready and headed out at like 830.
The fire works were supposed to start at 9.
Well, I expected something very different lol.
Our first problem was that there were hundreds of cars and so parking in the spot we did was not my choice. I was hurdled there lol
And it was a dirt parking lot so it was crazy dirty and dusty. So getting to the actual field where people were sitting, made for quite the experience. For one it was crazy dark. For two, it was crazy windy and dusty. And for three, it was ridiculously far away based on where we were parked.
I made it about 10 yards before I decided it would be really stupid to go all the way there.
So I improvised and decided to let the kids sit on top of the van with me.
I kept the car on and let Zavier chill in his car seat and then me and the kids took the blanket and set up camp on top of the car haha.
The kids thought this was the coolest thing in the world by the way.
Well unfortunately, time kept passing and no fire works started. It got to be 1030 and still nothing! We could hear someone talking and saying something in the speakers but it was so far away that we couldn't understand what he was actually saying.
Ughh it was frustrating. We were all so excited.
But at about 1040 I decided it was time to call it. So we all got down, got back in the car, and left.
Which was the right call because I heard the next morning they had been cancelled due to wind.
Oh well, we still had fun on top of the car and enjoyed the summer night together.
Zave of course was an angel the whole time too.
And both Lexi and Izaac were asleep by the time we got home.
Luckily for us, the holiday didn't really end for us as the next day Jimmy was home! And we decided it would be fun to go down to Surprise.
We had a blast swimming that day and then Jake was nice enough to do some little fireworks with the kids since our night had been a firework fail. They also got to do their sparklers.
Happy Birthday America!








































Comments
Post a Comment