Lake Powell 2017
Another year at Powell goes down in the books.
And it was a great one too.
The last couple years we have done the hotel thing the night before the week started but this one was a bit different. Jimmy wasn't able to get off of work until Wednesday so unfortunately our family had to cut the Powell week a little short. But it worked out really well this year because lots of people were coming and going at different times and so Jake parked the house boat pretty close to the marina.
We woke up super early Wednesday morning and headed out. This time with a third kid in the back! You wouldn't have known he was even there though because he's the best baby of all time. He just kicked back or slept the entire ride. Actually that's not true. 80 % of our van was packed with baby stuff lol so that might have given it away.
I have gone with a 13 month old before but never with one this little. And even though Zave's only 3 months, he required some serious stuff. I knew that the more comfortable he was, the happier we would all be and so I fit as much of his stuff as I could.
The bread winner of all his luggage though, was without a doubt, his little travel pack n play.
Seriously, I would be happy to advertise this thing.
It was an absolute life saver!
It made it so he could sleep anywhere. It was so easy to move around. And it provided shade and protection from all the bugs. It was great when we went camping but I feel like on a trip like this, it really was the reason we had such a glorious time!
He slept so well in it. In the boat, on the deck of the boat, and on top of the boat. Ahh it was so convenient!
Anyways, it really was an amazing trip.
Zavier was fantastic. He slept every night all night and hardly ever complained during the days.
Lexi and Izaac loved every second of it. Like usual, they enjoyed the trip in very different ways though. Lexi was almost always found in the water. While Izaac was hardly ever found in the water. Though, for the record! Towards the end, he was getting more brave about going in.
Lexi loved knee boarding and went several times. She asked every day to go. But her favorite part was hands down, the jet ski. We opted to rent a jet ski for a couple days with Tommy and Holly this year and Lexi fell in love with it. And for some reason she called it a jeep the whole week haha so she would ask to go on the jeep I swear every hour of every day we had it.
And she preferred that daddy would take her because everyone else went too slow.
She sure is a wild one.
Jimmy and I really enjoyed having the jet ski this year too. I think more than we had anticipated. It was fun to go out on short rides with him and do some exploring together.
Izaac's favorite thing this year was the jet ski too! But his favorite driver was me and specifically not daddy lol. He really loved going out with me and just going very slow. It was fun and I loved the one on one time we got out there. We would just stop every now and then and sit on the water and talk about stuff. It was cute.
And once again, we camped out on the beach instead of sleeping on top of the boat. We really like doing this. For lots of reasons.
This time was a little bit different though, in that the beach to camp at was quite the little hike to get to. Luckily, by the time we got there, people had put stones down to make a pretty decent stairway to get to the top. The first night I took the kids up to go to bed was an epic fail. We were holding lots of gear, it was dark, I was holding Zave, and Lexi's flip flop slipped... So as she grabbed me for support we all went down lol. Luckily no kid got hurt and Tommy came to our rescue (Jimmy was out fishing with Jacob).
After that, I made sure to not be holding so much stuff as well as a baby when taking the kids up and down =)
I was a bit worried that the kids would give us a hard time about being a bit further away from the boat but they really didn't. As soon as they hit their sleeping bags, they were pretty much out in only a couple of minutes. One of the perks of Powell.
I'm so so glad that my kids get to experience such an incredible vacation every year. I know some kids are getting to travel world wide or see different kinds of places but honestly I love that we have Powell. I love that we can look forward to it every year. And even though it can be a pain, I love that it actually involves work and that the kids can learn to help. I love that it allows for so much kinds of fun too. Fishing, water sports, hiking, swimming, games, all sorts of snacks, (and this year Cari made all sorts of amazing drinks), lizard hunting, duck feeding, jumping, rock throwing, I could go on and on.
It's just the best and I love it. And I love that they love it.
I already can't wait for next year.
I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story. There is over a 100 =)
And it was a great one too.
The last couple years we have done the hotel thing the night before the week started but this one was a bit different. Jimmy wasn't able to get off of work until Wednesday so unfortunately our family had to cut the Powell week a little short. But it worked out really well this year because lots of people were coming and going at different times and so Jake parked the house boat pretty close to the marina.
We woke up super early Wednesday morning and headed out. This time with a third kid in the back! You wouldn't have known he was even there though because he's the best baby of all time. He just kicked back or slept the entire ride. Actually that's not true. 80 % of our van was packed with baby stuff lol so that might have given it away.
I have gone with a 13 month old before but never with one this little. And even though Zave's only 3 months, he required some serious stuff. I knew that the more comfortable he was, the happier we would all be and so I fit as much of his stuff as I could.
The bread winner of all his luggage though, was without a doubt, his little travel pack n play.
Seriously, I would be happy to advertise this thing.
It was an absolute life saver!
It made it so he could sleep anywhere. It was so easy to move around. And it provided shade and protection from all the bugs. It was great when we went camping but I feel like on a trip like this, it really was the reason we had such a glorious time!
He slept so well in it. In the boat, on the deck of the boat, and on top of the boat. Ahh it was so convenient!
Anyways, it really was an amazing trip.
Zavier was fantastic. He slept every night all night and hardly ever complained during the days.
Lexi and Izaac loved every second of it. Like usual, they enjoyed the trip in very different ways though. Lexi was almost always found in the water. While Izaac was hardly ever found in the water. Though, for the record! Towards the end, he was getting more brave about going in.
Lexi loved knee boarding and went several times. She asked every day to go. But her favorite part was hands down, the jet ski. We opted to rent a jet ski for a couple days with Tommy and Holly this year and Lexi fell in love with it. And for some reason she called it a jeep the whole week haha so she would ask to go on the jeep I swear every hour of every day we had it.
And she preferred that daddy would take her because everyone else went too slow.
She sure is a wild one.
Jimmy and I really enjoyed having the jet ski this year too. I think more than we had anticipated. It was fun to go out on short rides with him and do some exploring together.
Izaac's favorite thing this year was the jet ski too! But his favorite driver was me and specifically not daddy lol. He really loved going out with me and just going very slow. It was fun and I loved the one on one time we got out there. We would just stop every now and then and sit on the water and talk about stuff. It was cute.
And once again, we camped out on the beach instead of sleeping on top of the boat. We really like doing this. For lots of reasons.
This time was a little bit different though, in that the beach to camp at was quite the little hike to get to. Luckily, by the time we got there, people had put stones down to make a pretty decent stairway to get to the top. The first night I took the kids up to go to bed was an epic fail. We were holding lots of gear, it was dark, I was holding Zave, and Lexi's flip flop slipped... So as she grabbed me for support we all went down lol. Luckily no kid got hurt and Tommy came to our rescue (Jimmy was out fishing with Jacob).
After that, I made sure to not be holding so much stuff as well as a baby when taking the kids up and down =)
I was a bit worried that the kids would give us a hard time about being a bit further away from the boat but they really didn't. As soon as they hit their sleeping bags, they were pretty much out in only a couple of minutes. One of the perks of Powell.
I'm so so glad that my kids get to experience such an incredible vacation every year. I know some kids are getting to travel world wide or see different kinds of places but honestly I love that we have Powell. I love that we can look forward to it every year. And even though it can be a pain, I love that it actually involves work and that the kids can learn to help. I love that it allows for so much kinds of fun too. Fishing, water sports, hiking, swimming, games, all sorts of snacks, (and this year Cari made all sorts of amazing drinks), lizard hunting, duck feeding, jumping, rock throwing, I could go on and on.
It's just the best and I love it. And I love that they love it.
I already can't wait for next year.
I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story. There is over a 100 =)




















































































































Comments
Post a Comment