Zavier Meets a G.I. Specialist
Today we met with Dr. Marek Lukacik, MD.
He is a pediatric G.I. Specialist.
And we really liked him. Though I will say, he was without a doubt on the odd side lol. You could tell even with being a doctor, he wasn't very comfortable with any kind of small talk. But I thought it was actually kind of charming and cute. He was definitely shy and it honestly reminded me of Lexi a little.
Anyways, he was very straight to the point and said that we could give it some time and try a couple minor things at home but that he recommended to just get an endoscopy done as soon as possible.
He said because of Zavier's brain abnormalities it puts him at higher risk for other possible complications. And getting this specific test will almost certainly tell us if something is going on. And from there we can just move forward and not waste any time.
Unfortunately though, this meant that Zavier would have to go under anesthesia again.
(the third time this year)
But Jimmy and I talked it over and decided that getting the endoscopy was what we needed to do.
Which turned out to probably be smart because the soonest we could even get one done with the doctor isn't until the end of November!
So until then, we wait and see a feeding therapist.

Comments
Post a Comment