ALOHA

Wow.

What a week.

Honestly, it's kind of hard to even put into words just how amazing this week really was. It definitely ignited a 'going away together' flame. Jimmy and me both are already thinking about where to go next lol

The funny thing is, it probably doesn't really matter. It was the time that we spent together that made the trip magical. At home because we are parents and well, because Jimmy is a cop (who works nights lol) our alone time together can sometimes be scarce. So a whole week together... alone... ooooooh my goodness!! Again, it's kind of hard to put into words. It was incredible. And it made me so unbelievably thankful that he's my forever.

The first day was unreal. I must have said, "I can't believe this is real" like 200 times lol. It was so weird to be without the kids! For the last 8 years of my life, I have never left the kids for more than a night. And knowing we were going to be gone for seven nights was crazy. Even more so because we were in Hawaii.

Ahh and it was so easy! 4 months ago when we went to the airport, I had 5 bags, three backpacks, a purse, a car seat, and three kids to myself while Jimmy went and parked. I could barely see over the cart as I pushed it while at the same time I was pulling a toddler and another suitcase. 

This time around was pretty much the exact opposite haha.

The first three nights we stayed on Oahu. And it was super nice because they recently just finished building a Marriot over on the North Shore, so of course we stayed there. It was perfect too. We did all of our favorite things for the first three days and nights. I think my favorite night was probably the first. 

After we went to the beach, got Ted's for an early dinner, and then got some ice cream and listened to a little Hawaiian show, (we may have gotten some malasadas too)  we went back to the hotel and fell asleep. But then we woke up at about 10 pm and decided to venture back out. We used to do this SO many times. We would just drive for hours on the island at night. Sometimes stopping alongside the ocean. Sometimes we'd get a snack. Sometimes we'd just listen to music and wouldn't leave the car. 

Oh my gosh. Talk about a blast from the past lol. It was so surreal and weird thinking about how 11 years have gone by and here we are doing the exact same thing. Driving the same roads.

It may sound strange but I needed this and I didn't even know I did. It really filled my soul with such gratitude and warmth.

Anywayyyyys, that night we got even more food at this Japanese place in Waikiki. It was phenomenal. 

And for the rest of the three days we ate, played, explored, and relaxed. We also talked about moving back every hour lol. Trying to figure it out and how we could make it work. We love you Hawaii and we have missed you so. Oh! We also drove by both of our old homes.

The rest of our time we spent on Maui. And we stayed at the most amazing resort. Jimmy did it last minute and we got the most amazing deal! We stayed at Marriot's Maui Ocean Club and it was definitely the nicest place we have ever stayed at. It was actually the type of resort that you don't have to really leave and you'd still have an incredible vacation. 
Of course, we left alot though haha. 

We did the highway to Hana again, we tried Ziplining which we haven't done before (it was so awesome!), we checked out the state park, and we finally did the Haleakala Volcano. Oh and we also went to the most amazing restaurants. It was incredible. Our favs were this one seafood Mexican place right on the beach, Da Kitchen (we ate there multiple times), and the Fish Market where Jimmy said it was one of the best things he has ever ate in his whole life. He got the Mahi Mahi burrito. I had the coconut shrimp there and it was the best shrimp I've ever had too.  Ughh take me back.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo glad that we got to go back together and that we got to have such an unforgettable week. Hawaii will always have such a special spot in my heart. And I hope in 10 more years maybe we can return again =)

























































































More pics from my phone



























































I love you Jimmy.



Comments

Popular Posts