Idaho Trip


So, just when I said, "We definitely are not going to Utah this year..." we ended up flying to Salt Lake a couple weeks later.

Grandpa Wall passed away this month and so me and Lex flew out to go to the funeral with Jake and Bret. It was funny to fly with my brothers as I haven't done so in, I honestly can't remember how long it has been! They were good traveling companions and were both very helpful. Unfortunately, mainly due to that lovely academy, Jimmy couldn't come with.

We flew in to Salt Lake on a Friday morning and I have to say, the trip there, was pretty great. Lexi slept on the way to the airport. No major traffic, flight was on time. And we even had a non-full flight! So Lexi got to sit in her own seat between Bret and I. It was a big plus for me. She got a little cranky at the end but that is okay.

It was fun to see her get to spend some one on one time with her Uncle Bret, as she kept climbing on him and wanting his attention. He was so sweet with her and it was cute for me to watch. I really appreciated his help and patience with her this trip.

We then, met mom and dad at a Chinese place, Boba's World, some place near Salt Lake. At first, I was not excited about this choice (Bret's). I usually am not a big fan of Chinese. But wow! This place was honestly fantastic! Everything was great.

It was also so nice to be reunited with the parents. I still love being with them so much. It was also nice to get the extra help with Lexi with mom around.

Afterwards, we drove up to Idaho. It was a quick time there. We had the viewing soon after we arrived and it was weird to see Grandpa. It was clear that his spirit was no longer connected to his body. So still and lifeless. And then we had the funeral the next day.

Lexi made it through about half way and then we just waited in the primary room. It was incredible how many kids and babies were there. Definitely a large posterity. We then, went to the cemetery and dad was the one that got to give the prayer. It was neat to be there for that.

Tommy had met up with us at the funeral so it was nice to be with all my brothers at a time that makes you think about life and family. I am so blessed with the family I have.

Lexi during all of this was of course, crazy and wild. She just will not sit still. She was playing at the cemetery  and then running around with all the kids at the luncheon. I wonder if she realizes just how small she actually is.

All in all, it was a good weekend. I am happy that Grandpa is back with our sweet Grandma, and it was nice to see so many people I haven't seen in years. However, I have to say, I do not miss that cold weather!!!

The drive home, well that was something I will never forget. My oh so intelligent brothers decided to drive almost an hour in the wrong direction on the way back to Salt Lake. How this happened, I still don't know. I for one, didn't care, Lexi on the other hand, did. So Jacob and Bret got to hear her lovely car wrath. Luckily, we still made our flight. Walked on as soon as we got to the gate. Perfect timing. It was definitely an adventure.

Photos were taken by Craig Christensen at the Cemetery. I did not even take one the whole entire trip!




Comments

Popular Posts