My Little Lion
Halloween! (Late post as per usual lol)
Lexi is still so unpredictable to me! I hope this changes by her teenage years!
We went trick or treating way early (as in 5pm) with Cari and her kids, Hazel and Speed, so that the kids could actually see lol, not be completely exhausted, and beat some of the madness. Even I am scared of some of the crazies that come out this night! And unfortunately, it was kind of slow. Between, Lexi and Speed's walking rate, and the number of houses that weren't participating or home yet, it wasn't the most exciting time. However, the kids seemed to still enjoy it and were happy with the candy they got to put in their buckets. Lexi did well too. Though, her excitement level was no where near where is was later that evening (foreshadowing her unpredictability).
When we got to Bret and Tevia's, who had like 10 pizzas!! (which was awesome! btw), we chatted and ate for a bit and then Bret and Tevia were ready to take their boys out trick or treating. It was already close to 7 (almost Lexi's bedtime) so at first I thought, there is no way we should go with. But then I thought, why not? The least I could do was just put Lexi in the stroller and walk around for a bit since it was so gorgeous out. So we opted to stroll with Bret and Tevs for a bit with their boys and it was really nice. It really was an awesome night for walking around. The moon was almost full, and the temperature was perfect.
Well after a little bit, Lexi seemed pretty alert and awake after drinking some juice so I let her out to actually do some more trick or treating. And oh my goodness. The very first driveway I let her loose, she was running, laughing, and just happy as can be! She had a blast! We had also tagged up with a family with a little girl about 7-8 moths older than Lex and so it was perfect, as they were a bit slower together.
So for awhile, I would usually either hold Lexi or Tevia would push her in the stroller to each drive way and then I would let her go, and we would together, go up to each door. She actually got a lot of candy! (Go Lexi!) and because she was so hyper, she would substitute waving like a maniac for saying trick or treat and gained quite a few fans. One person said she was the cutest trick or treater they saw all night! I would have to agree! =)
By the time we got back to Bret's, since Lexi was finally starting to wind down, she was completely passed out. In fact, she has never been that out since she was about a week old. NOTHING would wake her. It was pretty cute. We put her to sleep right in her lion costume lol.
Hopefully next year Jimmy could go with! We missed him! Tho I have to say, we really did have SO much fun!
And later that night, Jimmy and I watched some scary movies on Netflix. Great Halloween!
Lexi is still so unpredictable to me! I hope this changes by her teenage years!
We went trick or treating way early (as in 5pm) with Cari and her kids, Hazel and Speed, so that the kids could actually see lol, not be completely exhausted, and beat some of the madness. Even I am scared of some of the crazies that come out this night! And unfortunately, it was kind of slow. Between, Lexi and Speed's walking rate, and the number of houses that weren't participating or home yet, it wasn't the most exciting time. However, the kids seemed to still enjoy it and were happy with the candy they got to put in their buckets. Lexi did well too. Though, her excitement level was no where near where is was later that evening (foreshadowing her unpredictability).
When we got to Bret and Tevia's, who had like 10 pizzas!! (which was awesome! btw), we chatted and ate for a bit and then Bret and Tevia were ready to take their boys out trick or treating. It was already close to 7 (almost Lexi's bedtime) so at first I thought, there is no way we should go with. But then I thought, why not? The least I could do was just put Lexi in the stroller and walk around for a bit since it was so gorgeous out. So we opted to stroll with Bret and Tevs for a bit with their boys and it was really nice. It really was an awesome night for walking around. The moon was almost full, and the temperature was perfect.
Well after a little bit, Lexi seemed pretty alert and awake after drinking some juice so I let her out to actually do some more trick or treating. And oh my goodness. The very first driveway I let her loose, she was running, laughing, and just happy as can be! She had a blast! We had also tagged up with a family with a little girl about 7-8 moths older than Lex and so it was perfect, as they were a bit slower together.
So for awhile, I would usually either hold Lexi or Tevia would push her in the stroller to each drive way and then I would let her go, and we would together, go up to each door. She actually got a lot of candy! (Go Lexi!) and because she was so hyper, she would substitute waving like a maniac for saying trick or treat and gained quite a few fans. One person said she was the cutest trick or treater they saw all night! I would have to agree! =)
By the time we got back to Bret's, since Lexi was finally starting to wind down, she was completely passed out. In fact, she has never been that out since she was about a week old. NOTHING would wake her. It was pretty cute. We put her to sleep right in her lion costume lol.
Hopefully next year Jimmy could go with! We missed him! Tho I have to say, we really did have SO much fun!
And later that night, Jimmy and I watched some scary movies on Netflix. Great Halloween!

Comments
Post a Comment