It Is Time!

Last year, I was SUPER excited about getting a new toddler bed for Lexi and having her sleep in it. I told myself, January 1st, 2013 is going to be the day to switch!

LOL. 

First, it took awhile to actually get the bed. Got it in the middle of January and then....

I became a big fat chicken.

To be fair, Lexi was actually having trouble sleeping well through the night and I was just SO tired. So going through the notions of teaching her to stay put in her bed seemed way to daunting all of a sudden.

Time went on and Lexi continued to sleep in her crib. 

UNTIL NOW! =)

This week for some reason I have had so much energy and have just been in the best mood! So I decided it was time. And Lexi like always, completely surprised me and took me for a complete loop.

I thought this was going to take weeks! I thought I was going to want to pull my hair out! But low and behold  it did not.

Now the first day, yes, it took a while. Almost 3 full hours. She just would not stay there. For the first two hours, I kept my cool. Even found it comical. But as we were encroaching about the third hour, frustration started to increase. This led to some serious spanking. Which still led me no where. Lexi is one of a kind I tell ya. So I laid down next to her and eventually she caved and fell sound asleep. SUCCESS. Kind of...

So that night, I told Jimmy, it was way hard and he probably wouldn't be able to take it. As it was literally hours of screaming before. We were both nervous. But we put her to bed in her bed. And as expected, screaming started immediately as we walked out the door. It continued... I went in and put her back down. It still continued. But then....

Several minutes later it became silent. I held my breath. It didn't even sound like she was standing at the door anymore. Could it be?! Did she actually walk to her bed, get in, and go to bed!?!?!

Jimmy and I turned off the lights, opened the door like church mice, and peeked our heads in, only to find that......

Hallelujah she did!!!!!!!!!!! Such a crazy feeling came over me.I did not know what to do. What a big girl! How incredible!

Now that night, acouple hours later, she did wake up. I knew she would. I actually could not sleep because I was too busy waiting for it. And we did try for 2 hours to go back to sleep. But finally I gave in and put her in the crib. 

Well the next day, she went down in her bed for her nap and then again at night and this time, NO CRYING AT ALL!! Which in turn made me cry lol. I just could not believe this. It made me so happy but honestly somewhat sad. She is so big and it is hard for me to grasp that.

Again, she woke and ended up in the crib. Will this be a pattern? Maybe. But as long as she goes down in the bed, and doesn't end up sleeping with us, I don't care. Plus it's only been a couple days. 

I am proud. 

I love our sweet girl more than I ever thought was even possible and to describe the emotion and joy that she gives me, is seriously beyond impossible. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts