Easter!
Easter was such a fun day! Okay.... minus nursery...
The best part: Jimmy getting to spend the WHOLE Sunday with us!!
We didn't do too much that morning before Church as Lexi and Jimmy both slept in till after 8! Lexi has literally never done this before! So it was actually really nice for me, because I had the whole morning to do things and to get ready all by myself!! A nice little Easter treat.
It was so fun putting Lexi in her Easter dress that morning. She looked adorable! Christina gave us this pretty dress LAST Easter!! And luckily for us, it fit perfect THIS year! So it was really nice.
And then it was AMAZING to have Jimmy sit with us in Church. I literally was beaming the whole entire time lol. It was also SO nice to have Lexi sit on someone else's lap for a change. AND it was also amazing to look at Lexi's new book about Jesus (that she got for Easter) with her during Sacrament meeting. She was so interested and kept pointing to Jesus.
It was a great moment to be there as a family and looking at these beautiful pictures of Jesus on Easter. I don't think I will ever forget it.
But of course... a little while later it got a little crazy =) Lexi was just fantastic in nursery again... NOT! and Jimmy just couldn't handle it lol. So after the first hour he caved and got her and we went home a little bit early. I was pretty heated at the moment but eventually let it go and decided to just enjoy the day.
We had a nice afternoon. I was in the kitchen for the most part (which I actually like) and Jimmy and Lexi were either playing together or taking a nap. It was so wonderful to be in the kitchen making rolls and such and listening to my two favorite people play together and hearing them laugh. It's one of my favorite things to watch or listen to the two of them. I am so blessed to have a husband that loves our daughter so much. He is such an incredible father.
Oh! And that afternoon, we also gave Lexi her Easter basket. Which she LOVED! It was so fun to let her go through the basket on her own and being us, we let her try any treat or candy in there right on the spot. She was in heaven. As were we =)
Went alittle crazy on the pictures...
Then, we went to Bret and Tevs for dinner. Everything was great and we had a lot of fun. I just love love love that I live close to my bros and their families. After dinner, the boys took the kids on a walk and the girls hid over a hundred eggs (thanks to Cari!) for the kids to find. It was fun watching all the different age kids find the eggs. Lexi did good again! She got quite the assortment of candy.
That night we came home and watched a movie together and I don't even remember what it was but I do remember being with my sweetie and just being happy. Great Easter!




Great pics! How fun to see her looking into the basket. You are a good mother.
ReplyDelete